Spiderwire tackle bag?

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Spiderwire tackle bag?

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Now that I am rebuilding my tackle selection, I am switching to the modular tackle boxes by Plano. I've filled 3 and have a Lucky Tacklebox shipment coming in a couple weeks, so I am curious which tackle boxes/bags you guys prefer designed for the modular boxes. I am looking at one made by Spiderwire that looks like a good compromise in quality and price, curious what everyone else uses. Here is an amazon link to the one I am looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Spiderwire-Wolf- ... DW1QKEXAMJ

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Re: Spiderwire tackle bag?

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:43 pm

For comparison's sake, here is another decently rated bag by okeechobee: https://www.amazon.com/Okeechobee-Fats- ... B25QV3FGG3

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 pm

I mainly use a box for lakes, but I do the modular thing for the rivers & beach fishing since I tend to put some wear on my boots. Honestly I looked at a few actual fishing bags before I found mine. It was and old Canon camera bag I found at the Goodwill cost me $.50 and about 10 bucks for a few utility boxes in the right size for it. I've been using it for about 4 years now and even with a lot if use other than be dirty it's still in good shape. Might get another few seasons out of it.

Personally I'd check the local thrift stores for a camera bag or backpack that fits your needs before paying the "fishing" bag mark up lol
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Huh, a camera bag, that's a great idea, I saw one at a thrift store I found that sells used tackle, I'll have to stop by there before buying anything and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 pm

I throw all my organizers in a makita tool bag that came with an 18v tool assortment. As for the organizers themselves, I use a 3 ring binder with clear 4 place photo type organizer pages for all my wedding rings and anything else pretied.

Everything else is sorted in clear plano organizers because I can see it without opening it, I know if its wet inside, I know when I forgot to put something away, and most importantly, everyone else can find there own gear without my help! When they get even slightly cloudy or scratched up, I get new ones!

Many of those fishing bags are designed for the plano boxes and seem ideal! I use about 6 of the 3700 series plano boxes (14x9) and several smaller ones for hooks, swivels, etc.. Plan for expansion!

The bags in the links are on the small side for a main bag, you'll fill those pretty fast!
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:38 am

I have a modular tackle box for bass, it is the Plano Guide Series, and it has tons of room. I managed to fit my entire stash of bass gear inside it almost!
Here is the link, it is the 3700 series model
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... pe=product

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 am

But as sideburns said, it will fill up quick. Last year was my first season going full on for bass fishing, and now I have four bass setups and a couple big boxes of tackle.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I really like the idea of separate, species specific tackle bags. Ive attempted to separate my gear like that in the past, but I always end up leaving the swivels in the trout gear when im bass fishing, or getting to the lake and realizing all of my hooks are at home in the panfish gear bag..... etc.... Now all my gear stays in one one bag. If I dont want the whole lot of gear with me for some reason, (river fishing usually) I set up a small assortment for that use and re-sort the gear back into my main collection after the trip or season.

I am fascinated by, and enjoy fishing for many different species, we are truly blessed in the NW with an abundance of fisheries. I love it when I'm out fishing for one species, and stumble upon another species unexpectedly!
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"