Keith's Fancy

Post Fly patterns, photos and directions here
que
Angler

Keith's Fancy

Post by que » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Some background info on the lure.
I along with Keith tied up a bunch of wedding rings before our first day on Lake Sammamish.
You can never be sure what a fish wants to eat.
Needless to say Keith was getting bit 3 to my 1.
I break down and ask what wedding ring are you using as his rod is bent down again.
On close observation, as Keith was reeling in a beautiful 17+ inch Cutthroat I noticed something different about his wedding ring.
He stats "this one is just beads and doesn't have a blade, I ran out of blades for them last night. LOL.

That got me to thinking. Running a spinner blade behind my sling blade causes it to loose some action as the spinner blade has drag.
That night I tied up some beads with out a blade and to top it off added some flash to spruce things up as I do with my spay flies.

Keith's Fancy was borne.

For more photos of our outing go http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... d71f200fe1

To read the WL fish report go http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportCo ... id=466&t=1

Tight Lines...

hydra
Angler

Re: Keith's Fancy

Post by hydra » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Looks awesome,
I've been making something similar to these only added a small sequin, (like from some girls clothes), placed at the head and most of the time it out-fishes everybody.
I also use on occasion, the same double hook pattern, one white bead, short 1 1/2 to 2' leader with my ford fender and kills em! ------------------u-u-----<*)))))))><

obryan214
Commander

Re: Keith's Fancy

Post by obryan214 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:22 pm

have to give it a try, going after steelhead next week if its not to blizzardy.