FRIENDLY ADVICE PLEASE

Post Fly patterns, photos and directions here
oldtimer44
Angler

FRIENDLY ADVICE PLEASE

Post by oldtimer44 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 am

A born Washingtonian I plan to fly back over at the end of April to visit my brother in Grand Coulee and will naturally want to wet a fly in Banks Lake. Does anyone know which flies I should tie which would be effective for most species in that Lake? THANK YOU :-"

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: FRIENDLY ADVICE PLEASE

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 pm

http://www.desertflyangler.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Give these guys a call. This is a fly shop located in in the general area over there. They will be able to tell you the patterns for the lake and time of year. Good luck with that, and I welcome back to some WA. state time.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am

Banks lake is a big one and its right there off the road but from what I understand it pretty much a big gear fishery. I guess I should qualify, are you swinging a fly for trout or bass or wally's or what? Since most guys swinging a fly are after trout, I'm going to suggest a little different path and hit some lakes near Banks that may be better suited to the fly. As always Rufus is right next to Banks and we all know about the big fish. Sink tip with a black (anything dark) bugger/leach/anything wiggly looking, scuds, big ones and again dark of course who could miss on a trout pellet fly near the pens, any of them. Or you could hit Dry Falls, which is a selective gear fishery, pretty much no gear folks at all. And absolutely hit the desert fly folks, they've always helped me with what is hatching and where.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

oldtimer44
Angler

Post by oldtimer44 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks Guys. Not familair with Rufus. Have only fished Banks from a bass boat in mid June 2010 with old friend Richie Rooney who lives in Electric City. Got loads of little smallmouths plus my personal best 4 pounds two ounces on a rooster tail spinning lure. Also had two nice kokanee on jig heads spinnign again. Walleyes weren,t cooperating and only big gear trollers were doing well with rainbows and browns in about 100 feet of water. I nkow Richie gets the occasional crappies and big carp so will
see what,s happening when I get there and will try the website suggested. THANKS AGAIN. :sunny: