Mukilteo boat ramp

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
riverhunter
Commander

Mukilteo boat ramp

Post by riverhunter » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 am

This isn't so much a fishing question. Does anyone know if the Mukilteo boat ramps are in yet? Will be going out for lingcod and wanted to launch there instead of everett. While everett has a huge ramp to use Mukilteo is so much closer to me and to the areas I will be fishing.

Hunter757
Commander

Re: Mukilteo boat ramp

Post by Hunter757 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:27 am

Here is what I found on the web page. Hope it helps. That launch is crap in the wind.

http://archive.ci.mukilteo.wa.us/Page.asp?NavID=121

MUKILTEO LIGHTHOUSE PARK
PUBLIC BOAT LAUNCH

Information: 425.263.8000
Located: Lighthouse Park: 609 Front Street, Mukilteo, 98275, map and driving directions.

Hours
May 15 - September 30 - 4:00 am– 10:00 pm
Oct. 1 - May 14 - 6:30 am - Dusk

About the Boat Ramp
Operated by the City of Mukilteo, the Lighthouse Park boat launch is located at the northwest side of the park on Elliott Point on Possession Bay. Three to four boats can launch at this site at one time, depending on the size of the boats.
May 15 - Sept. 30 Boat launch* floating docks are put in the water (installation varies due to weather conditions and tides.)
Oct. 1 – May 14 Boat launch is open, NO floating docks; they have been removed from the water.
*Use caution on floating docks. They can be dangerous in windy and high wave conditions.

No Public Pumpout or Porta-Potty Dump Station at this Boat Launch
It is illegal to discharge untreated sewage anywhere within the three-mile territorial limit of the United States. In Washington, this includes all of Puget Sound. Use of US Coast Guard approved Type I and Type II Marine Sanitation Devices is permitted; however, these do not treat waste to the same standard as land-based treatment. Please avoid use of these devices in shallow water, near shellfish beds and in marina basins.

The best option is to use a holding tank or porta-potty, also known as Type III MSDs.

The nearest public pumpouts and porta-potty dump stations are:
Port of Everett Marine, 425.259.6001
Port of Everett Boat Ramp, 425.259.6001
Port of Edmonds Marina, 425.774.0549
These pump outs are free of charge, open 24 hours/day.

Fishing License
A species-appropriate license is required for each person 15 years of age and older; licenses are available at sporting goods stores or go to http://www.fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to purchase a license online.

No fish cleaning facilities on site. DO NOT CLEAN FISH IN RESTROOM FACILITIES.

Fees
For your convenience, an electronic fee machine makes payment quick and easy by accepting the following coins: nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins and the following bills: one’s, five’s, ten’s, and twenty’s. The machine does not make change. A dated ticket will be issued for display on your dashboard. Visa and MasterCard are also accepted. A daily permit with overnight parking privileges is available.

May 15-Sept. 30 Oct. 1-May 14
Vehicle/Trailer parking one day
Vehicle/Trailer parking 2 days
Vehicle/Trailer parking 3 days
Vehicle/Trailer parking 4 days
$15
$30
$45
$60
$10
$20
$30
$40
Annual permit holders are authorized to park overnight in the vehicle/trailer parking stalls, with permit displayed, for up to a maximum of four (4) nights at any one time.

Annual Boat Launch Parking Permit
Resident: $50
Non-resident: $100
To purchase an annual boat launch parking permit, see this application.

Amenities
Restrooms are available near the launch. For last-minute snacks and refreshments, stores and restaurants are located near the park entrance. The nearest gasoline is up SR525 approximately 2.5 miles from the boat launch. The boat launch is located just a few blocks from the Washington State Ferry/Clinton. A no-fee trash compactor is available at the launch site. This launch does not have a sewage pump out.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

NWBoater45
Petty Officer

Post by NWBoater45 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 am

The ramps are there year around lol.....I was down there last week and the docks were still sitting in the parking lot. I would assume you could call Mukilteo Public Works and ask them when they will be set in the water.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:49 pm

May 14th for the docks, the ramps are in the water year round. It's a great launch if you do it right. Not a launch for a single person. It takes one in the boat and one in the rig. Back in fire it up and go. Same for picking passengers. Pull in to the shore or dock and jump and go. Not a launch for those prone to over thinking it. You will smash something.

In the summer when the docks are in. Many will try to tell you the turn is determined by who is in line first on the dock. Not so, the turn is for whom ever has the trailer on the ramp. Again this is not a ramp for he faint of heart. You must be very deliberate and fast. I've seen many boats bashed and a lot of fists thrown. Be ready and do it, no second chances.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Bodofish wrote:May 14th for the docks, the ramps are in the water year round. It's a great launch if you do it right. Not a launch for a single person. It takes one in the boat and one in the rig. Back in fire it up and go. Same for picking passengers. Pull in to the shore or dock and jump and go. Not a launch for those prone to over thinking it. You will smash something.

In the summer when the docks are in. Many will try to tell you the turn is determined by who is in line first on the dock. Not so, the turn is for whom ever has the trailer on the ramp. Again this is not a ramp for he faint of heart. You must be very deliberate and fast. I've seen many boats bashed and a lot of fists thrown. Be ready and do it, no second chances.
Man, this used to be a great place for free entertainment if you were not launching a boat. Saw lots of crazy stuff go down at that ramp back when it was a State Park and free to visit (by everyone). There was no shortage of idiots, novices, and hot heads that, combined, caused some wild sights. Heed the warnings though. Not a simple launch especially when the current is ripping. Also, 4x4 when retrieving at low tide is almost a must. Slick and steep. Watched the back of a minivan get filled with water on one particular occasion at low tide on the incoming with heavy swells. They couldn't even pull the trailer out after ditching the boat. Some kind soul finally towed them out.

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm

BentRod wrote:
Bodofish wrote:May 14th for the docks, the ramps are in the water year round. It's a great launch if you do it right. Not a launch for a single person. It takes one in the boat and one in the rig. Back in fire it up and go. Same for picking passengers. Pull in to the shore or dock and jump and go. Not a launch for those prone to over thinking it. You will smash something.

Man, this used to be a great place for free entertainment if you were not launching a boat. Saw lots of crazy stuff go down at that ramp back when it was a State Park and free to visit (by everyone). There was no shortage of idiots, novices, and hot heads that, combined, caused some wild sights. Heed the warnings though. Not a simple launch especially when the current is ripping. Also, 4x4 when retrieving at low tide is almost a must. Slick and steep. Watched the back of a minivan get filled with water on one particular occasion at low tide on the incoming with heavy swells. They couldn't even pull the trailer out after ditching the boat. Some kind soul finally towed them out.
Sounds like 'the wall' in downtown Bellingham on C street. Saw many people put in handcuffs while attending classes there [laugh] Was on guard duty one night and found someone passed out inside one of our spawning totes. Kicked his foot a couple times until he woke up and stumbled off, swearing excessively loud and mumbling gibberish at no one in particular. Ah the good ol' days [-X

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 am

Hahaha [thumbsup] ok guys I meant docks. I know that the concrete ramps stay in the water and docks come out for the winter but just wasn't sure when they go back in. I appreciate all the advice really I do but we've been launching there for some time now and know how to tackle this ramp. It definitely isn't for beginners learning to launch. I was gonna make the trip to check it out but figured I ask here to save me a trip. Now knowing that the DOCKS won't go in until mid May I will have to settle for everett boat ramp. Still not too far but I do prefer the convenience of mukilteo

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:49 am

riverhunter wrote:Hahaha [thumbsup] ok guys I meant docks. I know that the concrete ramps stay in the water and docks come out for the winter but just wasn't sure when they go back in. I appreciate all the advice really I do but we've been launching there for some time now and know how to tackle this ramp. It definitely isn't for beginners learning to launch. I was gonna make the trip to check it out but figured I ask here to save me a trip. Now knowing that the DOCKS won't go in until mid May I will have to settle for everett boat ramp. Still not too far but I do prefer the convenience of mukilteo
In a lot of cases it's easier to launch there with docks out if you have two or more people. The beach is really steep on both sides of the ramp so you can pull right up to the beach unless you have a really big boat, I'd guess 50+ feet. Of course one must be able to climb on to the bow.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 pm

That's not a bad idea. Will have to think about that and ask my partner what he thinks about it.

takemorepills
Angler

Post by takemorepills » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 am

I live right by the Muk launch.

I've launched there plenty of times, by myself and with buddies. We also do as suggested, beach the boat and climb over the bow. It works fairly well there when the ramps are not in.

I gotta tell ya though, sometimes I just prefer the Everett launch. Especially if I launch by myself.