hoodsport boat launch

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rappuhd
Petty Officer

hoodsport boat launch

Post by rappuhd » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:20 pm

I am looking at taking a friend down to the hood sport hatchery for chum. We will be going in the first two weeks of Nov. I have a 16 foot boat and am looking for a place to launch (preferably with a 2 wheel drive vehicle). If anyone would be willing to let me know of a decent launch that would be great.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: hoodsport boat launch

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm

the state park launch south of the hatchery, about a two mile or so run from the launch to the fishing area. Concrete ramp, two, broken in spots but service-able.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

rappuhd
Petty Officer

Post by rappuhd » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Thank you very much Mike. I watched your video and hope to catch a few.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:18 am

Good luck, let us know how you do.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Just be sure to schedule around tribal netting days which have traditionally been Tuesday through Thursday of each week.
I haven't looked at this year's schedule - though you definitely want to before making the drive.
While historically not closed to sport fishing those days - you would be literally and figuratively squeezed out, with net after net being strung out and then pulled into the shore full of fish and then boat after boat running high speed to the off shore processors to drop off their catch.
Mad house, pure and simple, and best to fish the off days.
Best of luck.
onmygame