8-1, 8-2 and 9 closed to Blackmouth fishing "temporarily"

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BARCHASER
Warrant Officer

8-1, 8-2 and 9 closed to Blackmouth fishing "temporarily"

Post by BARCHASER » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:07 pm

I guess its OK with me. The weather has been so nasty I haven't been out anyway. Maybe it will help the season last a little longer maybe until the marine weather is better.

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife FISHING RULE CHANGE
WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091

November 9, 2017

Salmon fishing to close temporarily in marine areas 8-1, 8-2 and 9
Species affected: Salmon.
Effective Date: Nov. 13, 2017, until further notice.

Location: Marine areas 8-1 (Deception Pass, Hope Island and Skagit Bay), 8-2 (Port Susan and Port Gamble), and 9 (Admiralty Inlet) within Puget Sound, excluding year-round piers.

Reason for action: Before the salmon fishing season started, WDFW and tribal co-managers agreed to a limited number of chinook encounters, retaining or releasing fish, anglers are allowed in each of these marine areas. Test fishery data indicates that anglers will quickly meet or exceed the guideline for encounters because of the abundant number of juvenile chinook, which anglers can't retain.

WDFW is closing the salmon season temporarily and will re-open when there are fewer juvenile salmon and more legal-sized salmon available for harvest.

Other information: WDFW biologists will continue to monitor these fisheries and coordinate with the Puget Sound Sportfishing Advisory Group to determine the most appropriate time to re-open to maximize the fishing opportunity.

Edmonds Public Fishing Pier is unaffected by this rule change and specific regulations can be found in the Washington Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet.

Information contact: Ryan Lothrop, (360) 902-2808; Mark Baltzell, (360) 902-2807.