Saltwater Chum fishing

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Blake's dad
Angler

Saltwater Chum fishing

Post by Blake's dad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:07 pm

So I'm new to this and was wondering if anybody had any insight on saltwater Chum fishing Marine Area 13 I've seen lots of videos on it looks like a lot of fun would really love to try it thank you for any help

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Saltwater Chum fishing

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Im surprised no one has gotten back to you. Im also considering trying for chum in the Sound again - its been many years.

One famous location is the hatchery near Hoodsport on the Hood Canal. Thats where I first caught some chum. They fight great but taste like crap if they have turned dark.

Check out the WDFW website on Chum. Good info on technique and locations.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/salmon/chum ... shery.html

Im looking around for current recommendations of places to try in the next week or two. Hoodsport can be very crowded, so Id like to find another good place to try.

Hopefully, more folks will chime in with some other recomendations.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Saltwater Chum fishing

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Well, the creel reports on the WDFW site suck everywhere except Hoodsport. Thats probably;y where we will try unless I hear from someone who has recent data.