Source for replacement screws?

Post your Jig, Spinners and spoon photos and directions here
megacabcummins
Petty Officer

Source for replacement screws?

Post by megacabcummins » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 am

Does anyone know if you can buy reel screws for a specific reel in a pack or do you have to buy them one at a time? Two screws on my Abu SX40 were pretty dang tight so the heads are now kind of chewed up. If I have to buy one at a time no biggie, just be nice to have a spare or two on hand.

I didn't have any reel lubrication but I did have some Redline CV2, used it on my Symeter FL40 and what an amazing difference, maybe it was just the old grease was too stiff, but the CV2 and cleaning sure made it cast much farther.

megacabcummins
Petty Officer

Re: Source for replacement screws?

Post by megacabcummins » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:22 am

Does everyone send their reels out for service?

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Try ereplacementparts.com in the search box type abu Garcia and then find your model. The shipping will most likely be more then the cost of the screws. I just ordered new drive gear bushing for my shimano sahara and the bushing was only $1.93 and shipping $4.95 so I decided to buy there last 4 bushings to make the shipping worth it, my shimano solstice takes the same bushing and they wear out quite quickly......that is what is worn out if your handle starts getting sloppy.

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:45 am

FYI-This was the first time I ordered items from this source and I will have to say they are as fast as greased lightning!!!! Ordered on Wednesday evening and received Saturday morning! :cheers:

megacabcummins
Petty Officer

Post by megacabcummins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 am

Thank You :) Greg from Gregs Custom Rods told me just hit up the hardware store. But I will give those guys a try. I think in a couple of my reels I am going to switch to Boca bearings, at least in my Symeter.

JamarHeesy

bsp Source for replacement screws

Post by JamarHeesy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:14 am

I have obtained a replacement for my old HP8753A VNA from this supplier last year. It looks great with the colors instead of just green.