North Silver Lake, Spokane County

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jay K
Warrant Officer

North Silver Lake, Spokane County

Post by Jay K » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:51 pm

How do I access North Silver Lake? Even if it's catch & release selective gear, I'd like to try fishing it, as it's the closest lake with ice that's still open.

Park at the launch parking for Silver and walk out to the road and jump the bridge? I know it' all private land now, but the article off WL.com says you can access from the road.

dicinu
Commander

RE:North Silver Lake, Spokane County

Post by dicinu » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Driving Directions:
From Spokane, go west on I-90, go 10 miles to Four Lakes, then northwest on Medical Lake-Four Lakes Road, go 3 miles to Public Fishing sign

that I found for silver lake not sure what the difference is!

http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/water_access/s ... Name%20ASC

I used this link above to find it.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay K
Warrant Officer

Post by Jay K » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm

@dicinu- Thanks, I know Silver real well. Silver lake used to be one big lake, but then they divided the north side and the southside by a road. The north side is largely surrounded by private land, and inaccessible (so it seems) and it's a selective gear fishery with different seasons. Silver is a year-round fishery with a large public parking and launch as well as fishing dock. Silver's my go-to lake for ice fishing, however it hasn't iced over yet, whereas North Silver is well iced over.

Swing on by to the east side if you're ever in the mood to try ice fishing; I can't tell you how much I love it.

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

North Silver was shut down this year. Evidently there was a dispute of some nature between the owner of the access area and the state. The gate remained locked all year and "No Fishing" and "No Trespassing" signs went up all around that area. Too bad, it was one of my favorite local lakes.

Bosco
Angler

Re: North Silver Lake, Spokane County

Post by Bosco » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 am

Silver lake is one of my favorite lakes. It provides easy access, good year round fishing and is close to town. FAIR WARNING though, the north portion of Silver Lake is closed waters. The land owners have closed all access to the lake and Washington fish and wildlife have closed this body of water to the public even at the roads edge. We were going to fish off the side of the road and were quickly introduced to one of the land owners. We decided to go back to the main lake to fish and was told by another angler that the land owners have the north side of the lake under video surveillance and that they are now pressing charges for trespassing and unlawful fishing in closed waters. Later that day when we were packing up our gear we saw another fisherman being ticketed for fishing from the road.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: North Silver Lake, Spokane County

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:06 am

Nothing new, it's been that way for a LONG time.

JMHO, if they were trespassing on private property to fish closed water they got what they deserved. :-"
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount