Ice Fishing Buddies List

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kfedka
Commander

Ice Fishing Buddies List

Post by Kfedka » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

Here is an idea, there is a fishing buddies list for open boat. How about we make one for Ice Fishing.

Here is the one for open boat.
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... f=2&t=7541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Making something similar that would state what lakes you fish and the fish that is targeted.

I'm in the Spokane area and target Panfish(Perch, Bluegill, Crappie), on occasion Trout, Fish up to a 60 miles radius of Spokane(including Idaho).

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Ice Fishing Buddies List

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 am

sounds like a good idea. I made this into a sticky.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

ice seaker
Petty Officer

Post by ice seaker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

this is a great idea........

i normally fish on the snoqualmie pass area fishing at lost lake or the two lakes close by but i have traveled to fish lake for some perch action at least 3 times a year. for me its all about just enjoying the hard water. i fish for trout, salmon, perch, and would love to try for musky this year.

anyone on the west side?

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Kfedka wrote: I'm in the Spokane area and target Panfish(Perch, Bluegill, Crappie), on occasion Trout, Fish up to a 60 miles radius of Spokane(including Idaho).
Second that. But as many of you know, it's Eloika or Silver primarily for me. I would meet up to chat, or show newbies the ropes a bit...

FishTank
Petty Officer

Post by FishTank » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

I guess I'll toss my name in the hat. Last year was my first year on the ice. I'm a newb when it comes to ice fishing, but I'm hardy and have an ice auger. I come with a sense of humor and a relaxed demeanor.

Lakes: Silver lake, Hog Canyon, 4th of July, Eloika lake

Species: Panfish, trout, and bass

I'm always scouting for new lakes and ponds around here that can be fished during the winter. Due to work schedule, I will normally only be able to fish on weekends, but drop me a line anyway.

romanfishing
Warrant Officer

Post by romanfishing » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:36 am

ice seaker wrote:this is a great idea........

i normally fish on the snoqualmie pass area fishing at lost lake or the two lakes close by but i have traveled to fish lake for some perch action at least 3 times a year. for me its all about just enjoying the hard water. i fish for trout, salmon, perch, and would love to try for musky this year.

anyone on the west side?
I am from Everett. We are going ice fishing every Saturday.

trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Post by trout-chaser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:29 am

I'll add myself (near kettle falls)..... I usually fish Pierre, williams, curlew.

L4UAfish
Angler

Post by L4UAfish » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm from Everett, Ice fishing is one of my favorite type of fishing. So far I've only been at Fish lake cause its the closest. I'm looking for good ice-fishing lakes in central Washington that are not as far as Spokane from me. If any one knows any good ice-fishing lakes please let me know

russ2683
Petty Officer

Post by russ2683 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 pm

sounds good to me this is my second year on the ice try to go every weekend i fish at hog canyon silver and eloika lake but would love to find out about more frozen waters to fish nearby thanks

sobrien
Petty Officer

Post by sobrien » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Hey all ! My name is Sean. I live in Spokane. This is my first season ice fishing in the area and i am loving it. I have fished Elokia and Hogs Canyon. I am looking into getting on some new ice. I can only fish weekends. Would love to meet some folks out there !

Mark Haley
Petty Officer

Post by Mark Haley » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Like the idea also, been ice fishing for several years, live in spokane and know of several lakes not mentioned yet, Im primarily after bass but any fish is fun to catch, just posted a pic on secrets lakes of bass, we will need to get together and do some ice fishing.

russ2683
Petty Officer

Post by russ2683 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm

nice bass man hey where was that any hints i am from the spokane area and have not been able to catch enough fish preferably white meat fish to have a dinner i have been hear trying ice fishing for two years and no luck with it what so ever

Mark Haley
Petty Officer

Post by Mark Haley » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:38 pm

One lake is south of spokane and has a bit of a walk to get to the ice but can catch nice bass and perch, its not in the fishing regs but the lake is open year round, I can send you a pm for more info if you would like i dont tell to many people about these smaller waters

juggalo
Petty Officer

Post by juggalo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 pm

I also would like very much to meet up with someone.Im self taught and would like to see other ways of doin things as well as have someone to bounce ideas off of.I live in spokane valley and sharing fuel expence would help.ive been out three times this season and done pretty good.HAVE AUGER WILL TRAVEL

russ2683
Petty Officer

Post by russ2683 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:01 pm

please send me a pm that would be much appreciated i will be looking forward to your message i am heading out this weekend and a new place to try would be really nice thanks

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey! I'm in Wenatchee and will fish for pretty much anything through the ice. I'll travel up to an hour and a half or so.. I am pretty busy with waterfowl hunting to the end of January but after that on the weekends I will be out on the ice constantly! PM me if you'd like to go!

sobrien
Petty Officer

Post by sobrien » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey all,

I am heading out this weekend as well ! Where is the meet up ? If there isn't on... there should be !

- Sean O.

juggalo
Petty Officer

Post by juggalo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

im going to eloika or 4th of july sun mornin unless someone has a better idea.anyone wana kill some cold fish?

romanfishing
Warrant Officer

Post by romanfishing » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

4th of July is too late for Ice Fishing :). On that day I would go spearfishing :)

poppyelk
Angler

Post by poppyelk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 am

After the the ice becomes solid enough, I like to fish Eloika and Waitts. Used to go to Sprague Lake but since I live way north of Spokane now, I primarily fish these lakes up here. i would like to hear more from folks who have some inside info on the crappies at some of these lakes north of Spokane.