Pierrre Lake, Wa

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Pierrre Lake, Wa

Post by trout-chaser » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:59 am

fished it yesterday. posted a report.............. great day

trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Re: Pierrre Lake, Wa

Post by trout-chaser » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 am

LOL.......... more local lurkers....... Fished 20 ft of water with raw shrimp on a J hook. weather was overcast, company was awesome (the missus)

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:24 pm

just a reminder, this is one of the lakes that has some lead restrictions:
pierre lake (Stevens Co.) All Game Fish Year-round Statewide min. size/daily limit. Unlawful to use lead weights or lead
jigs measuring 1½" or less along the longest axis.

The lake has bass, bluegill, rainbow, cutts. <<<<< I've caught here. .......
I can't recall where I heard it, supposedly pike from some float plane vacationer returning from Canada?????
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Post by trout-chaser » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:25 am

Yes, I've heard the Pike rumor.......... I have never seen one in the lake (I do fish it lots). I know there are Pike and Tiger musky's in the vicinity (Pend D Oreille and Curlew Lk). I use bismuth weights........ Its easier, since I already use them in soft water conditions in BC to flyfish. The game warden was impressed though.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:04 pm

I've only fished it in winter. I've never had a slam dunk, fish after fish day there but the setting and remoteness has always been the draw for me. Looking forward to my annual winter pilgrimage to the area, with bismuth on the line.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Post by trout-chaser » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 am

Yes...... the serenity is great winter or summer and theres also Summit lake in the summer.

trout-chaser
Petty Officer

Post by trout-chaser » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am

Fished Pierre yesterday.......... beautiful sunny day........ we got skunked. Then went over to Williams Lk and caught a couple of 10"er's.