Skunked... How did everyone else do ?

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sobrien
Petty Officer

Skunked... How did everyone else do ?

Post by sobrien » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Caught a couple skunks at Hog and Elokia today... sad weekend.

juggalo
Petty Officer

Re: Skunked... How did everyone else do ?

Post by juggalo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

a lot of driving doin both lakes in one day.hey at least you got out

sobrien
Petty Officer

Post by sobrien » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah I am in the middle of both... So went to hogs and got skunked... went home took a nap.... got pissed about the skunk so went to Elokia, lol. Hopefully next Saturday will be more productive, thinking about Fourth of July.

fullybuilt2.0
Petty Officer

Post by fullybuilt2.0 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:16 pm

sobrien wrote:Caught a couple skunks at Hog and Elokia today... sad weekend.
You must had been fishing in the wrong spot?? I went to eloika also today. I caught over 30 Perch (4"-9"). 1 small pike and a fatty catfish....it was slow throughout the day but at times there was none stop action. What were you using and where did you fish? I was in the middle of the lake (jerrys resort) and used a red and white grub with a white glow in the dark swedish pimple (worked very well for the morning). In the afternoon I use a green scud, jigging spoon (perch color) with a sliver green backside Swedish pimple (they loved it). I did try my crappie set up also but had no luck with that....let me know how it goes nexttime if you try this setup. Went to july last weekend with the family and had a blast (rainbow power bait, shrimp scented corn, maggots on glow in the dark jigs usually gets the job done for trout). As far as Hog, im going there Tuesday. GL;)

sobrien
Petty Officer

Post by sobrien » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 pm

I also was at Jerry's... maybe 200 yards out... I was dead sticking a white trout magnet tipped with a maggot... while jigging a Swedish pimple tipped with a white curly-tail. I didn't get there until 2:30 or so. So I have a question, and it may be the reason why my day was lame. So I went to Eloikia (public access) the other week and got into some bass... the water was very clear... but when I was at jerry's where I was fishing the water was very brown ? Like stained the snow around my hole brown. Anyone else experience this brown water ? I have never seen it before; however this is my first season ice fishing in Washington.

Thanks for the tips on Eloikia fullybuilt. Will try them soon.

The last few week at Hog's I have been killing it with anything white. If you take a look here :

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/LakeInfo.aspx?id=10&t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been fishing on the left side right where the numbers 6,9,12 are.

Keep tight lines,
Sean O.