Bead lake, Pend Oreille county

Brrr, it's cold outside - hey, let's go fishing!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
layneleu
Angler

Bead lake, Pend Oreille county

Post by layneleu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:54 pm

the guys and I at work were just wondering if anybody had a current ice/gear report for Bead lake,PO county? looking for more ling and lakers. appreciate any thing out there. last year fished the power lines with not as much luck as hoped. has any one fished the point? current ice thickness?

layneleu
Angler

RE:Bead lake, Pend Oreille county

Post by layneleu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 pm

really??? I thought this was a forum? Is everyone else waiting to hear some answers also? Come on, someone out there has to have heard something, what's up? not even any rumors???? anybody have the name of that sports shop in old town so I can talk to him?

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:42 pm

This is a forum and a very good one. Being inpatient and sarcastic will most likely result in a none reply.

However, since you are new to the site and the forum, here is the information that you requested.

You can call the following sport shop in Old Town:

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/ ... 8-437-3636

They will have all the current information on Bead Lake.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Laynelea,

First, welcome to WL.com, glad to have you on board.

The ice fishing community is a small but growing bunch, so it's very possible no one has that information you asked for. Hopefully when you have a chance to fish it you'll post a report to share with others.

The membership generally starts to really take off again in March/April and you'll see a ton of new reports and information getting posted daily. Till then it can be hit and miss.

Cheers!
Mike

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fish4brains
Warrant Officer

Post by fish4brains » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Second hand info. The point has been fishing well with ice over 6" as well as the power lines. Pretty much your typical baits have been producing. Rumor has it some really giant fish have been biting. The bite has been best from 4am to sun up though. Awfully pushy for a noob don't you think? Contribute some and this forum will return the favor tenfold!!!

layneleu
Angler

Post by layneleu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:29 pm

I really appreciate the word in the rumor mill. and you can bet that I will post a report after the trip/s. and to my defense, I apologize if my post was taken as sarcastic. I would like to think that I am not the only one with anticipation to fish Bead, nor am I the first one to be on the ice there. And I was simply wanting to hear anything anybody had heard, before I actually made a fishing report myself. I have followed this site for a long time, and made some reports in the past. Its a great recon tool sometimes, and I do check it when I need info. And although I might not be an "Admiral", I am not one to fish the Yellowstone with a Hula Popper baited with cheese either. I have fished for 30+ years, take my family out to enjoy it, and am someone who doesn't grade fishermen on the equipment/method they use (unless illegal or unethical).Whether it takes nymph or maggot, its all about the fish and the experience. Keep up the good work on the site,and here's to fins in the bucket.... The "noob" (P.S. if anyone can put me on some nice cutts or browns with a Hula Popper and cheese, I'm sure we would have a good time :)

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

Post by aaron42ash » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am

Don't feel like you have to defend your self from name callers or the tactless. Not many people ice fish in this state, and ice fishing info is tough to come by unless you fish a popular location. I have fished Bead only once and had limited luck because I had no idea what to expect. I fished it though about 6" of ice using a Swedish Pimple in silver. Only landed one fish, but it was still worth it. Nice lake. Good luck to you.