Disgorger

Post any questions and photos about old fishing rods, reels and gear!
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Disgorger

Post by racfish » Fri May 16, 2014 5:33 pm

I was going through one oy older boxes and found two "Hook Disgorger" One for trout and panfish and a large one for steelhead / salmon. I found pics of them but could not get them on here. We used them when your fish swallowed the hook. Anyone else got them?
Attachments
mRHUehCxw5N-kz56-QXf19A.jpg
mRHUehCxw5N-kz56-QXf19A.jpg (6.93 KiB) Viewed 15085 times

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Disgorger

Post by BentRod » Fri May 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Ha, I remember those! I used to have one in my tackle box. I remember finding it when I was a kid. Used it once and felt like I was reaming out the trouts gullet, so never used it again. I must have thrown it away somewhere along the line as it's no longer in the tackle box.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri May 16, 2014 6:20 pm

the ones I used to use back home was similar in design but pencil thin, . you followed the line down and push to release the barb and out the hook came. ill have to find a picture. really good for little fish.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Sun May 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I use to use these same ones for all the BULLHEADS I caught when I was a kid!

CarpMouth
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by CarpMouth » Fri May 30, 2014 7:28 am

I have found the type of hook remover you've shown, the worst of all. Too large and bulky.
Here is a link for the only one I ever reply upon for 50 years. They are not real heavy duty as one can see, but
for removing panfish, trout or bass hooks they are they best if not man-handled and will last for years. Sometimes they are had to find and come under different name.
http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/media/ca ... sories.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri May 30, 2014 1:43 pm

It was one of those gadgets I used years ago as a kid. I like the long nose plier type. I used those while working the charter boats in Seiku.. I didn't think they sold them anymore till I saw them at Wally world. Something else I found was a " Bouncing Betty". That is a rubber coated weight for drifting so when your weight hit a snag it would bounce out. Back in the 60's through the 70's there were so many fun gadgets for fishing.