Looking For A Lenz

Post any questions and photos about old fishing rods, reels and gear!
18ftTrophy
Warrant Officer

Re: Looking For A Lenz

Post by 18ftTrophy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 am

After looking for decades there is no way I'm selling mine. I'm very happy to have it. My grand daughter uses it when she is in my boat.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 am

18ftTrophy wrote:After looking for decades there is no way I'm selling mine. I'm very happy to have it. My grand daughter uses it when she is in my boat.
I was replying to the guy, ‘Maintenance man’ who posted above, saying he had one.

18ft Trophy, of course you don’t want to sell yours. You have had this thread going for a few years just trying i find one. [thumbup]

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:18 pm

I’m not following you.. so are you not selling the reel?

Maintenance Man
Angler

Post by Maintenance Man » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:06 am

Maintenance Man wrote:Don't know their value, do you? Sorry about the link above, sometimes photobucket works great, other times I just don't know. I see there are some other people above that have one or two for sale also, good luck. I'm glad Navy got one for the kids. All the best.
I'll give this a try. The pics look pretty good to me on www.photobucket.com, don't know why the site does'nt work for you. Please try again, once on site in the window type in LENZ fishing reel and the pics should come right up. If not, I will try to send some to your email. Let me know at "soundsaboutright@yahoo.com" thanks.

Maintenance Man
Angler

Post by Maintenance Man » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am

I'm starting to get a little confused....so here goes... I have a LENZ deep sea fishing reel that I would like to sell one of you guys. I posted photos on "www.photobucket.com" of the reel. For me, the reel is in great shape with no rust, works fine, etc. The reason I purchased it in the first place, many years ago, wasn't that I needed it, but rather at the fire station yard sale to buy bunks for the station, we all gave stuff to sell. The reel was on a stainless steel, "pressed" deep sea fishing pole; AND it had my last name on the side (the previous owner scratched his name in it). Not a bad thing, but just saying that's why I purchased it. So, It's been sitting here for twenty years I know of, and I saw the request for one in this forum. I don't know their value because no-one will sell one. I don't need it, and it's time to go. Look at the pics, and if you like the reel, contact me, "soundsaboutright@yahoo.com" with a fair price and let's talk. I can try and send some pics to you, but Yahoo doesn't let me send many pics in emails. All the best, Charlie. P.S. just in time for Christmas guys!

Maintenance Man
Angler

Post by Maintenance Man » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 am

Hi guys, it's me again. Christmas is over and my family has unfortunately had some challenges and I got away from this thread. I still have the LENZ reel and the photos are still up on www.photobucket.com (type in LENZ fishing reel and they should come up for viewing); the reason for this comment; I have found the rod the reel was mounted on when I purchased it over 30 years ago, the rod is beautiful, it's a 7' 10" Warren Neptune with blue seat and the famous "Cam-Lock" action, and deep sea grips. The barrel is chrome with six eyelets, all winding's are like new as are the grips, and eyelets themselves. I will be selling this set as a set because they are both in great shape, vintage, and still many more years left in them should the owner wish to use them and not just own them. When responding please present a fair price for both, thanks. "soundsaboutright@yahoo.com" please put LENZ in the subject line, thanks, Charlie.