Possession limits

Questions, concerns, support for our Members
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Possession limits

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:33 pm

I dont know how that would help - getting someone to take your catch home. Especially if you lived out of state. Im my case, when Im camping at Banks or Rufus or Chelan, its a 5 hour drive home. Who do you trust to give your house keys to take your catch home? Some stranger or the guys camping next to you that you have just met? It would be long odds if they just happend to live near you.

As far as wanting more than two days catch, I only get to eastern Wa once or at most two times a year. Two days catch of walleye doesnt last long - especially through the winter :) When we have a fish fry, the whole extended family shows up - like 8 to 12 people.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: Possession limits

Post by hewesbob » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:03 am

Larry I totally agree with you. We put on a fish fry last winter at an rv park where we had meet some really nice folks. My wife deep fried 70 walleye fillets in three different batters that she make and I bbq'ed six sockeye on the traeger, I also put out about five pounds of king salmon that I had smoked. At another get together a couple put on an elk dinner for everybody. We fish all summer so we can enjoy our catch thru out the winter. I have been talking to several folks with fish and game and emailing everybody I can to try to get this rule changed but the only way it will get changed is for everybody to get involved. Call fish and game or anybody you can think of, this needs to be a group effort. It's just not right that you can't take your family on a week long fishing trip and be limited to this rule.