• Porcupine Bay, Spokane Arm?

• All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
 #240883  by Lee Howe
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 am
I talked to a guy that's working on the road about a month ago. He told me they planned on it opening up around June. I
 #240884  by hewesbob
 Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:02 am
Bid opening is April 5th, it can take between a week and a month to get all the contract and paper work approved. This contract allows 90 working days. Working days are counted as 5 days a week excluding holidays unless the Special Provisions require working 7 days a week which I doubt in this case because of the high costs of overtime. In this case 90 working days turns out to be 4 1/2 months, now throw in Memorial Day, 4th of July holiday and Labor Day as well as possible bad weather days your probably looking at 5 month after the contract is signed so in reality I wouldn't plan on using the road until about the first of October. I retired as a Superintendent/ Estimator in road and bridge construction so I know first hand how these projects work.
 #241075  by TiredMark
 Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:53 pm
Here is the latest from Lincoln county Public Works

Bids were opened April 5 and are as follows:

Condon Johnson- $4,591,128.50

NA Dergerstrom- $7,264,029.50

Max J Kuney- $6,430,924.00

Condon Johnson was awarded the project on April 10th. We are planning a tentative start date for construction in mid May. Construction will take approximately 105 working days to complete the repair.

I had stopped and talked to them a couple of weeks ago and the word then was a 90 day project I thought.
Now see it has gone to 105 days. SO late fall hopefully. Can't wait.
 #241691  by Kfedka
 Fri May 18, 2018 4:00 pm
Construction projects tend to get delays related to weather and other unforeseen factors, hopefully they will be done before freezing weather hits in the late fall. Any news if the construction company started working yet?