boat and motorhome

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
bruceka49
Angler

boat and motorhome

Post by bruceka49 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:49 am

I recently bought a 29' class c motorhome and am curious if anyone has success stories or otherwise to share regarding camping with a motorhome and boat. I have a 2002 16' Lund ProSport boat that weighs less than 2500 lbs on it's trailer. I'm curious what lakes and campgrounds in the state of Washington have enough area for a motorhome to turn around and then back a boat into the water. Are there any other difficulties that I need to be aware of? Any help would be appreciated..

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Suggestion boat and motorhome? KP park

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi Bruce. You didn't mention in your post where you're from. I'm a big fan of fishing-related camping trips. Hands down, Kayak Point Park is a great place to camp. It's a salt water park that has a camp ground on the upper level and the main park on the lower level. There's a pier, boat launch, picnic shelters and bbq pits dotted along lots of coast line. KP also has in-boat camping but you'd have to visit their website or call them for details. The campground has all amenities...hot showers, electricity at all camp sites including tent sites. An added bonus is they waive the $7.00 daily use fee when camping. We're planning to camp there next month. Been fishing out in marine area 8-2 lately for spring kings but that closes at the end of April. Next will be silvers and pinks. Bottom fishing is open year-round and there's some great rainbow trout lakes in this area. If any of this interests you, just give a holler. ((((((((Fish On)))))))
Bobber_Dogger

danlowe
Angler

Re: boat and motorhome

Post by danlowe » Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 am

That sounds like a good place to start.We just bought a class A motor home and a 14 foot boat.We have not been out yet in ether one of them. I think plans to go there are in order.Do they allow pets?

G-Man
Admiral

Re: boat and motorhome

Post by G-Man » Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm

I doubt you will be able launch your boat using your motorhome at Kayak Point. Further, if you do somehow manage to get it launched, there is no parking for a rig of that size at the launch, you'd need to drive back to your camping spot to park it.

A good place to start would be some place like Blue Lake Resort. They will launch and retrieve your boat for free and there is no charge to leave your boat in the marina overnight. http://www.bluelakeresortwashington.com/

I really can't think of any places on the west side of the state that have a boat launching service or launches that could accommodate a rig of your size, accept for a few on the Columbia River. However, many of the resorts and state parks in eastern Washington, they cater to a different crowd.