Mar Don with 7 yr old

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
Dustin07
Commodore

Mar Don with 7 yr old

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:18 am

Lazy dad lost on time... I haven't been to Mar Don in 3-5 years. When I was there, we had minimal success from a boat and none from the shore. but when we ventured back into the potholes we found one lake that just kept handing out trout like candy. I can't remember which lake!!

I'm currently without my boat so my 7yr old and I are headed over for a weekend on the last day of school. I'd love any advice on where he and I could sling powerbait and get him into fish.

it doesn't really matter what we're catching as long as he's catching :-"

is it best to stay somewhere there along the mar don shoreline or should we head into potholes to a specific lake? thanks guys :)

Gringo Pescador

Re: Mar Don with 7 yr old

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:34 am

Haven't fished the Seep Lakes for a number of years - usually the store at Mardon is good about advising on lakes that are producing.
Also I think Mardon rents boats now so you might look into that. They also put in a new dock a few years ago, always people fishing from it.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:37 am

Yeah I was looking at the pictures and the whole place looks remodeled since last time i was there!

looks pretty cool!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Booked us 3 days for next week, can't wait! :salut:

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:15 am

Dude u want easy fish, cast out from the point at the wdfw launch across from mardon but before the state park.

If the water hasn't dropped to the point the whole area is exposed the fishing there is literally nonstop for bass if u drag a senko in slow twitches

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:02 am

odddoylerules wrote:Dude u want easy fish, cast out from the point at the wdfw launch across from mardon but before the state park.

If the water hasn't dropped to the point the whole area is exposed the fishing there is literally nonstop for bass if u drag a senko in slow twitches
oh man he would have loved that. we ended up with a rainy and windy weekend but he caught three off the dock, then we hit lake matoon in ellensburg on the way home and he caught three more, so he was happy. I was impressed by his casting! [thumbup]

odddoylerules
Petty Officer

Post by odddoylerules » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Dude set up a second hand dartboard for him to cast golf training wiffleballs at, granddad set that up by the horseshoe pit for me as a kid and I cant really remember now a time when icouldnt hit a single lillypad bloom w a plastic from 30 feet. Kids get really really good at **** so quick.