Remote camp site advice needed!

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
phillyb123
Angler

Remote camp site advice needed!

Post by phillyb123 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi guys! New to the forums. I plan on going canoe fishing with a buddy next weekend in western/central Washington. We are (as you guessed from the subject) looking for a remote campsite on a lake, preferably a boat/canoe/kayak access only site! The further in the middle of nowhere the better, and no amenities are needed. Obviously good fishing is a plus. He's not from the area so I am trying to show him the best of the northwest, without a bunch of other people around to make it less peaceful.

Thanks for any tips you have guys!

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Remote camp site advice needed!

Post by 4n6fisher » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:42 am

Lake Daiblo, or if you can arrange the portage Lake Ross. On the eastside you could try Palmer lake (bunch of remote lakes in that area if you want to get farther out like Chopaka) or someplace on Lake Roosevelt.

Jakefish
Warrant Officer

Post by Jakefish » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 am

4n6fisher wrote:Lake Daiblo, or if you can arrange the portage Lake Ross. On the eastside you could try Palmer lake (bunch of remote lakes in that area if you want to get farther out like Chopaka) or someplace on Lake Roosevelt.
I was camping and Kayaking at Diablo last week - although beautiful, it is fairly busy and the highway runs along most of the lake making it less peaceful. If you can swing it, I definitely say Ross Lake. Also, there were quite a few people fishing at Diablo, but all the fish I heard of and saw caught were quite small (10 to 12 inches).

phillyb123
Angler

Post by phillyb123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks guys for the tips! I am looking for something a little more remote though. I've been to Lake Diablo and I'm sure there are places to get pretty lost on it, but I'm looking for a lake (doesn't have to be big) where theres only one road in and you might have to make your own campsite somewhere due to lack of development.

Let's_Go_Fishing!
Petty Officer

Post by Let's_Go_Fishing! » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:47 am

What area are you coming up from? I would suggest Baker lake. Spectacular scenery and nearby roads to remote areas. I've been thinking of going up when the weather is a bit more moderate.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Check your PM's. I sent you one.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

phillyb123 wrote:Thanks guys for the tips! I am looking for something a little more remote though. I've been to Lake Diablo and I'm sure there are places to get pretty lost on it, but I'm looking for a lake (doesn't have to be big) where theres only one road in and you might have to make your own campsite somewhere due to lack of development.
Sinlahekin Valley north of Conconully. Way hot this time of year . Great for springtime fishing. And as someone previously mentioned further north is Chopaka(fly fishing only) higher up not as hot.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 am

Stryker43,

The original poster has not been on here since the 11th, has not responded to a PM.

Fyi... don’t know if you’ve over to the Sinnlahekin valley this year.
I was there in maybe May??

I’ve never seen so much Spring flooding. It was crazy, all the lakes along the back road, Loomis to Conconully were totally flooded. The roadway was impassible to flooding. Lakes were all blown out with silt. Someone I talked to said the worst flooding in 20 years, or something.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:41 pm

The Quadfather wrote:Stryker43,

The original poster has not been on here since the 11th, has not responded to a PM.

Fyi... don’t know if you’ve over to the Sinnlahekin valley this year.
I was there in maybe May??

I’ve never seen so much Spring flooding. It was crazy, all the lakes along the back road, Loomis to Conconully were totally flooded. The roadway was impassible to flooding. Lakes were all blown out with silt. Someone I talked to said the worst flooding in 20 years, or something.
This is the first year in 8 that I have not been there......I did hear about the flooding and figured it had receded by now
Last year Omak lake was blown out over there. The good part is that all of those lakes have been getting smaller and they have been refilled. Do you fish that valley or Omak lake?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I was on Buffalo lake/Mcguinnes lake trip, with a side trip up to the valley,
but the valley was shot to ....