NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Jasper Casbeer
Angler

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Jasper Casbeer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 am

Hello Everyone,

Finally made it back to the Northwest, grew up here and have since traveled around until the family was finally able to settle permanently back in the area. My name is Jasper, and have hit the perfect age of 40.... oops 41. Obviously I love fishing and it easily trumps any other hobby with hunting in a short second. I am located in the Vancouver area but work as an accountant in Portland. Favorite fish to chase is Steelhead! Going to start trying for salmon, tried some up on the snake river over the years with limited luck as a plunker. Now that I have a little boat the opportunity is a bit more there. Always have fished and enjoyed trout no matter where I went using everything from bait to a fly rod. I have hooked about everything from sturgeon to pike minnow and everything in between. I do shy away from warm water fish (bass, catfish, perch...) simply because of the taste. I cant seem to get them to cook up very well no matter what I try, and I have a hard time fishing for what I do not want to eat.

Have fished since I could walk as I remember it, even take my son out and swim around for crawdads. Tasty little buggers. Now that I have a little run-a-bout will even shoot out on nice days for some crab. Going to grab another 16 to 18 footer and cut it up for a center console mod in the down times. When not fishing and doing family things, always working on fishing equipment. Do not think that trend will ever change.

Here's to wet lines and bent rods,

Jasper
Jasper Casbeer :nemo:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 pm

welcome back!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

cucu4cohopuffs
Angler

Post by cucu4cohopuffs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 am

Hey all,

My name's Connor. I'm 24 y.o. from San Luis Obispo, CA originally. Just moved up here to Ballard in Seattle. I play drums, occasionally play basketball, but most of all, I GO FISHING :fish:

I have been working in the computer repair field for quite a while now (about 6-7 years). This brought me up here to Seattle.

Living in CA, the rockfish and lingcod were plentiful and that was primarily what I would fish for. I was on the central coast kayak fishing website and would try to take out my kayak in the ocean once a week. Caught many many lingcod and rockfish.

I am new to freshwater fishing and have been trying to break into it and take advantage of the many beautiful lakes and rivers you guys have up here. It is amazing to me to see how many bodies of water are up here. I really want to get out and target the pink salmon and coho, but I will be targeting other fish in the off season.

I've been fishing since I was very young with my grandpa, but recently got back into it with a newfound enthusiasm a few years back in 2014 when I started kayak fishing.

I will be posting reports and hope to meet you all out there on the water! Tight lines!

-Connor

grubowski
Petty Officer

Post by grubowski » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi,
My name is Greg I live in northern Utah and mostly fish in southeast Idaho. I've been browsing this site for the past month as my wife and I have been considering moving from Utah to Washington. Well, my wife accepted a job in Montesano, and I'm looking for work at one of the hospitals in Olympia. I'm excited to get away from the desert and live in the forest and close to the ocean. I grew up in Connecticut, so that's something I've missed, though I'm looking forward to milder winters too. Anyway, we'll be moving to the area around the first of February.

Bass fishing is my favorite kind of fishing, though I fly fish for trout too, and panfish can be fun and of course tasty. I'm eager to try my hand at salmon and steelhead and also plan on making some trips out to the Westport jetty for some sea bass, surf perch and lingcod hopefully. For lake fishing I fish out of a float tube that I customized with a bunch of PVC so that I can bring 10 rods out with me along with a fish finder. I'm especially interested in finding all the lakes in the area with no gas motor/low speed limit regs.

In addition to fishing, I enjoy hiking, photography and making music. I started playing classical guitar around 30 years ago (I'm 38 now) and now I play all kinds of guitar, bass, some piano/keyboard, mandolin, banjo and pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring the area. It really sounds like there are a lot of places to try and that there are some big bass. Here is the best one I've managed to catch in southeast Idaho.

I also enjoy making fishing tackle too. I tie my own flies, make my own plastics, and also play with lead, making jigs, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and the like.

Last edited by grubowski on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 am

Welcome to Wa. when you get here.
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am

Tom.

grubowski
Petty Officer

Post by grubowski » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks for fixing that. I went in and corrected my original post. I need to find a new photo hosting site. Photobucket is just riddled with annoying pop ups and the like so I clicked the wrong thing in my haste to get off that annoying site :)

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Ya, now my link isn't working either. But it is a good looking large fish. I'm glad I never went with photobucket. All my pictures are on my computer.
Tom.

RipOffington
Angler

Post by RipOffington » Wed May 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Name - Kyle B.
Age - 33
Location - Shuksan Rim, just above Glacier.
Hobbies - Video Games, Cars, Motorcycles, Cooking.
What You Do - I was a Cannabis Cultivator for 5 years, last year around this time i was diagnosed with Hodgekin's Lymphoma (cancer)I was forced to leave my farm and moved from NorCal to Glacier so that i could be with my family while i did chemotherapy. I was cancer free as of mid-december, and have been working towards being able to do physical activities. As of last week, i am feeling strong enough that i've even started to seek employment. And Fish. Seems like a great activity to get my strength back.
Favorite Species To Fish For - First/only fish i ever caught, i was 6, rainbow trout. I remember hating fish as a kid, but for whatever reason, the one i caught was delicious. This time 'round im going after Cutthroat.
Where You Fish The Most - Silver lake twice, and The North Fork Nooksack once ( i didnt have my license that day so i just helped the kids untangle stuff and bait/tie hooks. Getting my washington ID soon and buying a year pass. wont of this 15$ a day non-resident malarky
How Long You Have Been Fishing - Last Saturday. The Saturday before that. And Memorial Day. unless when i was 6 counts...
How You Got Introduced To Fishing - My father originally. My brother in law recently asked me to do some research for himself and his 3 kids and im really into it. I love data gathering, and am super excited to get out there and do some living.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing - Cook. Video Games. Uncle Stuff. Watch Obscene amounts of fishing videos on youtube. I will be doing some scouting and reporting this summer in regards to the lakes & creeks around my area.

I want to hear your weird recipes, friends.

CoffeeGoddess
Angler

Post by CoffeeGoddess » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:47 am

Name: Georgia you can call me Coffee though, everyone else does
Age: It is not polite to ask a lady her age, lets just say I've earned every grey hair on my head.
Hobbies : Fishing Duh, I also like to sew, collect rocks, and other crafty stuff.
What You Do: I work in human services, customer service for the elderly and disabled.
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon, Trout etc
Where You Fish The Most: Snohomish County
How Long You Have Been Fishing: since age 4
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Daddy
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work
Your Favorite Picture:
My daughter at the Lake Tye Kids Fishing Derby 2018
It's awesome that they set aside an area specifically for the Special Needs kids like my daughter.
~CoffeeGoddess~

Chickfishing58
Angler

Post by Chickfishing58 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Name Beth(Chick)
Age 60
Location West Richland
Hobbies Fishing
What You Do Customer Service
Favorite Species To Fish For Everything
Where You Fish The Most Pyramid Lake (Reno NV)
How Long You Have Been Fishing 50 + years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing My Dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing Camping I would fish 24-7 if I could

Just moved from Reno NV I have a 17.5 Harbercraft 60 hp Mercury with a 9.9 mercury kicker
Attachments
nov.JPG
Pyramid Lake
nov.JPG (33.29 KiB) Viewed 18573 times
IT'S NOT HOW BIG THE WORM IS IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE IT

Cutplugherring
Angler

Post by Cutplugherring » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:30 am

The name is Gary. I’ve lived in the northwest all my life and am currently in tacoma. Getting on in my years. Love fishing the Columbia both high and low. Fish the Hump and Satsop a lot.

Slammer1
Angler

Post by Slammer1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 pm

First post on this forum. My name is Ken and retired male living in Vancouver, Wa. Lived in Juneau, Ak for
34 years and fished in the ocean a lot
I’m planning to explore the Willapa Bay Area, as I have a small boat and a couple crab pots.
Anyone want to explore with me? Would be nice to take someone out who is familiar with the area
Hoping to fish Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday August
19-21. Ken

Slammer1
Angler

Post by Slammer1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 am

Hi. New to this forum and trying to figure it out. I am headed to the Raymond area on Monday
With my 16’ Bayrunner 40hp and 9.9 Suzuki outboards. I have 2 crab pots and 2 rings. Plan to camp
And check out Willapa Bay on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Wanna hook up?
I am retired male living in Vancouver also. Ken