Gear Swap Meet

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.

SWAP EVENT: Where would you be coming from?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:45 am

I'm coming from north of downtown Seattle.
32%
I'm coming from south of downtown Seattle.
28%
I'm coming from the eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, etc)
12%
I'm coming from across the Sound.
No votes
I'm making a day of it, coming from Central/Eastern Washington!
28%

Total votes: 25

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Gear Swap Meet

Post by racfish » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Lets have a Wa Lakes gear Swap meet. I have so much gear its a shame. I can only use so much. Id love to trade some for newer or different gear. "One Mans Junk is Another Mans Treasure".

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Gear Swap Meet

Post by natetreat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Great idea! I've got a bunch too.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:08 pm

If this gets some interest I would be in. I have plenty of gear that I wouldn't mind swapping and it would be cool to meet everyone...

Maybe early spring time (March- ish?) so everyone can use their newly acquired gear this spring and summer??

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

I would be in. I have a few things lying around, including some reels that just need someone that knows how to fix them.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 am

How spreadout is everyone. Do we have a large majority of tnterested member in one location. Or are we all really spread out. I have transportation for anywhere.The way baseball shows work is that a hall is rented,everyone buys a table space which pays for the hall rental.That way no one person is out the rental money. Mike knows this from like the sportsman show. I imagine its somewhat the same.
In my neighborhood there is the Lakewood/Seward park clubhouse hall . They rent it out. Theres is a Mount Baker Clubhouse .March might be a lil soon to get this all together. The trout opener is in April. Maybe before that even.Mike you probably know more a better location.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 am

I would be interested. When I was teaching dog classes I had a great space that didn't cost much in north Seattle. But it was owned by the state and they closed it due to budget cuts #-o
Depending on how many wanted to get together we wouldn't need that much space (I'm thinking basketball court size?). There is a building in Kenmore at the north end of Lake Washington (across Bothell Way from Kenmore Lanes) that has a sign on it saying something like space for rent for parties & wedding receptions and I think it said $60 per hour. I will make sure to look closer next time I drive by. If we got it for 5 hours, that's $300 and if we had 10 people selling, that's just $30 each.
I have no idea if that is a good rate or not, but it is an option.
No matter how we do it nobody is going to get rich, but it would be a cool way to gather, swap gear and lies, and put faces with names.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Not to be a downer but it'd be nice to keep it simple so no one has to pay to rent out a space... Why not meet at a park or boat launch? All we would need would be a few picnic tables, heck, probably could make it work in the parking lot out of everyones cars....

That way we don't have to worry about having enough people coming to cover the cost, and maybe even get some fishing in before or after...???

Big D

Post by Big D » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm

I'd be interested except I really don't want to travel over to the wet side for a swap meet.
Anybody have any ideas how we could do it online. I've got a few things that I could post pics of and we might be able to build from there.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Big D wrote:I'd be interested except I really don't want to travel over to the wet side for a swap meet.
Anybody have any ideas how we could do it online. I've got a few things that I could post pics of and we might be able to build from there.
I agree, some gear in the swap might be a great deal, but not worth driving 600 miles (in my case) for. I second an online option so all of us can participate. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Why not set up and east side meet as well?

I would much rather have it be an event than an online gig... I'd rather not have to pay to mail anything, especially things like rods.....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm

My opinion, just make this an outside event and save the expense, see what kind of participation we get. Guys can bring a card table and set their stuff up that way. Anyone interested in being the organizer for this?

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 am

Im not a great organizer. Im a good worker Bee.Im thinking of using a banquet folding table. What about the Beaver lake Park. It has that big outbuilding with a fireplace in it. Theres usually ample parking. Boren Lake was another nice park with a building. Mike? Is there a Wa Lakes Banner?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am

If it's at a lake, then it should be at a lake where gas motors are allowed. That way we can go fishing before the swap. And afterwards we can go fishing with our 'new' stuff. :cheers:
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 am

Where we had the picnic would be a nice park. It had a great big covered area. If we reserve it for us that place was nice with a boat launch too. Mike can bring the 40' Wa Lakes dragon boat. we can all fish together and have all members under 45 yo row.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:19 am

Lake Meridian east of Kent?
Tom.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:35 am

Yes. That was a nice lake. It might be far for the Norsemen to come to. Perhaps Lk Sammamish State Park. Im trying to think of parks w/ covered areas.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm

no matter where it is, it's going to be out of the way for someone. Meridian as previously mentioned is nice and has lot's of area to spread out. And it's pretty easy for people to get to (Seatlle-south, anyway). I don't know that we need cover. I'm reluctant to be reserving space somewhere and then find out we only have a few guys participating.

Maybe the best thing would be to start getting an idea of how many want to do this, find out what general area they live, and decide on a lake that is closest to most of the people.

I can travel north or south of Seattle.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Thats why you're the Supreme Overlord. :salut: I did'nt think it cost to reserve a picnic area but then I dont do these things on a regular basis.I liked Lake Meridian. It was a nice area with ample parking for trailers and cars. I already putting gear together. Im just thinking that its really hard predicting spring weather. Thats why I was suggesting a covered area. JMO

JasonDean
Angler

Post by JasonDean » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Sounds like fun. What about Golden Gardens?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:00 pm

What's Golden Gardens?

Any place that is recomended should have a city of where it is. So us dumb people can figure it out. [laugh]
Tom.