Petition for Open WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bay wolf
Commander

Petition for Open WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings

Post by Bay wolf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:21 pm

https://www.change.org/p/open-the-wdfw- ... m=copylink

WE HAVE A CHANCE TO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE TO WDFW AND THE CO-MANAGERS THAT WE MATTER. THE PRACTICE OF HOLDING SECRET MEETINGS, NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, BETWEEN WDFW AND THE TRIBES NEEDS TO END. I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THE CO-MANAGMENT PROCESS IS BROKEN (REMEMBER COHO-GATE LAST SEASON)

TRANSPARANCEY IS ESSENTIAL! WE, THE PUBIC WILL NOT BE IGNORED AND SHUT OUT ANY LONGER.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION BY CLICKING ON THE LETTER, AND SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE OF SOLIDARITY FROM THE SPORT-FISHING COMMUNITY THAT THE WDFW/TRIBAL NOF MEETINGS NEED TO BE OPEND.

NO MORE SECRET MEETINGS!

PLEASE SIGN NOW AND SEND THE LINK TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :salut:
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Re: Petition for Open WDFW/Tribal NOF Meetings

Post by Bay wolf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:55 pm

PASSED THE 41 SIGNATURE MARK IN JUST A FEW HOURS.

THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR SUPPORT, WE ARE OFF TO A GREAT START!

PLEASE PASS ON THE PETITION TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND FELLOW SPORTSMEN.

WE ARE GOING TO BE HEARD!!!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:41 am

I copied this over to Bloody Decks and I-Fish.

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:42 am

Larry3215 wrote:I copied this over to Bloody Decks and I-Fish.
Thank you Larry! The more eyes we can get on it, the better chance we have of reaching our goal of 1000 signatures!

I appreciate your help.
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:54 am

WE REACHED 88 THIS MORNING!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SIGNED AND HAS ENCOURAGED OTHERS TO.

LET'S KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING. LIKE LARRY, PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT! RE-POST THE PETITION LINK ON OTHER BOARDS THAT YOU BELONG TO. USE THE TWITTER LINK, OR THE FACEBOOK ONE. THERE IS EVEN AN EASY WAY TO SEND THE PETITION LINK BY TEXT MESSAGE IF YOU GO TO THE PETITION ON YOUR CELL.

THERE ARE SOME REALLY GREAT COMMENTS LEFT FROM SUPPORTERS AS WELL!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 pm

We are at 161 signatures. A good start, but we are at a whisper. I know we can ROAR!!

PLEASE, HELP BY GETTING A COUPLE GUYS OR GALS YOU KNOW TO SIGN ON. LETS PUSH TO 200 BEFORE THE GAME STARTS! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:21 pm

over 200!

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:42 pm

YUP! YOU DID IT!!! JUST WENT OVER 200 signatures

Let's keep the momentum going! Keep sharing and asking friends, family and everyone we know for support.

Use all the multimedia methods to get the word out.

And, again, THANK YOU ALL WHO'VE SIGNED AND SHARD SO FAR!

GREAT EFFORT!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:47 pm

I dont think the WDFW or tribes or more importantly, the politicians, are going to get too worried about a few hundred signatures. We need thousands of signatures. This is off to a good start, but we need a LOT more to have a serious impact.

Anyone have any contacts at the Seattle Times, News Tribune or any TV stations? How about Dave Grable or the guys who do the Saturday morning radio show or any other "names" that are out there in front of bunches of people?? How about Puget Sound Anglers, other clubs and the CCA folks?

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Larry3215 wrote:I dont think the WDFW or tribes or more importantly, the politicians, are going to get too worried about a few hundred signatures. We need thousands of signatures. This is off to a good start, but we need a LOT more to have a serious impact.

Anyone have any contacts at the Seattle Times, News Tribune or any TV stations? How about Dave Grable or the guys who do the Saturday morning radio show or any other "names" that are out there in front of bunches of people?? How about Puget Sound Anglers, other clubs and the CCA folks?
Good point Larry. It's when we start working collectively like this that the power brokers (WDFW/Tribes) start getting nervous.

Your ideas are excellent, and it's true that they might be able to slough off a few hundred signatures, but our hope is that guys like you will start to churn out idea's and use every tool we have to grow the momentum!

Thank you Larry, you are one of the good guys. There's lots and lots of us that are just plain sick and tired of the games!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Larry, I sent you a PM.
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Got the PM. Let us all know how that goes and when it will air!!

I just started a thread on The Outdoor Line forum. Maybe Rob and Tom will discuss this next Saturday on the podcast.

http://www.theoutdoorline.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:32 pm

JUST PASSED THE 250 MARK! HALF WAY TO 500! KEEP SHARING, TWEETING,FACEBOOK POSTING AND LETTING OTHERS KNOW THROUGH ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:54 pm

300 SIGNATURES IN ABOUT 24 HOURS! GREAT JOB EVERYBODY.

WHAT A GREAT EFFORT OF GRASS ROOTS SOLIDARITY! THERE'S STILL A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE AS TIRED AS WE ARE OF THE SECRET MEETINGS AND BACK ROOM DEALS THAT WE NEED TO REACH SO THEY CAN JOIN THIER VOICES WITH OURS!

PLEASE KEEP SHARING THE PETITION AND ENCOURAGING OTHERS TO JOIN IN.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:16 am

WE ARE ONLY 122 SIGNATURES AWAY FROM REACHING 500!!
You are all doing a great job at getting the word out, but we need a push!
Please, take a moment and get your friends, family and co-workers involved. Let them know your passionate about getting transparency and fairness back in our hands! Ask them to support by signing, and reaching out to others! We know there are more than 500 people who care about fairness, equality and transparency in our fisheries and Government.
LET'S REACH THEM AND GET THEIR SUPPORT!
WE WILL BE HEARD!!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:45 pm

WE ARE CLOSE, BUT WE NEED A SURGE

We are very close to the 500 signature milestone! Thanks to all who've supported so far. We all know that numbers talk to bureaucrats, and the more numbers, the more they pay attention. We want to ask everyone who's signed, please, make every effort to get at least two more signatures. That will push our numbers over 1000! A thousand signature petition from a grass roots movement handed to Dir. Unsworth, letting him know we are done with secret meetings! Please, make the commitment to get a couple more to sign! It's that important.

If you haven't yet signed, please do so, we really need your support.
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:59 am

JUST WENT OVER 500!! FANTASTIC!!!

THIS IS A MAJOR MILESTONE, ONE THAT GRASS ROOT, WORD OF MOUTH PETITIONS RARELY REACH. IT SPEAKS TO THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CAUSE, AND THE SOLIDARITY OF THE SPORTSMEN AND WOMEN OF THIS STATE!
TAKE A MOMENT. TAKE IN YOUR ACHIEVEMENT, YOUR PASSION AND DEDICATION TO THE BETTERMENT OF "OUR" FISHERIES HAS ACCOMPLISHED THIS!

BUT OUR WORK IS NOT OVER. 500 IS AN IMPRESSIVE NUMBER, BUT IT PAILS IN COMPARISON TO THE NUMBER OF LICENSED FISHERMEN IN THIS STATE, ADD TO THAT NUMBER THE CITIZENS THAT ARE CONCERNED ABOUT TRANSPARENCY IN OUR GOVERNMENT AND IT BECOMES CLEAR THAT WE HAVE A LOT MORE ADVOCATES TO CONTACT SO THEY TOO, CAN ADD THEIR VOICE.

ALL IT TAKES IS FOR EACH OF YOU TO COMMIT TO GETTING JUST TWO MORE SIGNATURES. INFORM FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, OR YOUR NEIGHBORS. ASK THEM TO SUPPORT THIS. WE HAVE A REAL CHANCE HERE TO FINALLY SHOW WDFW, THE GOVERNOR AND THE TRIBES THAT THE SPORTS FISHERMEN IS NOT SOME DIVIDED HOUSE THAT CAN BE IGNORED. WE ARE ORGANIZED, AND WE HAVE A VERY, VERY LARGE VOICE.

I HAVE CONTACTED KING5 NEWS ABOUT THIS PETITION AS WELL. I WAS TOLD THEY ARE WORKING ON A STORY ABOUT THE NOF OPEN MEETING ISSUE WHICH MAY AIR NEXT WEEK. IMAGINE IF THEY REPORTED WE HAD OVER A THOUSAND SIGNATURES!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:48 am

A LOT of people are looking but not signing. Over on iFish for example, there have been almost 1800 views on two different threads.

I dont know if its because most dont have a clue about these kind of political details or maybe they just dont care or maybe they are afraid to post their email and name on-line.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:18 am

Larry3215 wrote:A LOT of people are looking but not signing. Over on iFish for example, there have been almost 1800 views on two different threads.

I dont know if its because most dont have a clue about these kind of political details or maybe they just dont care or maybe they are afraid to post their email and name on-line.
It is quite possible that they (like me) don't understand to what end this is intended.

Not trying to be a killjoy or anything even close, but what is the intended purpose of opening these meetings to the public? I mean seriously - is that the long game, to be able to sit in with your lips zipped, phone off and hands folded so that you can listen in? Or do you have other plans..like being able to stand up and share your 'feelings' or 'frustrations' along with many others in hopes it would somehow change the way seasons are set.

My understanding of NOF is that a specific group of people are assigned the task of hammering out the upcoming season each year for sport, tribal, and non tribal commercial fisheries - based on guidelines presented them. I'm not sure how having their focus distracted or process interrupted is conducive to that process.

I could be a mile off on what the point of this petition is for - so am looking forward to hearing from the OP what the plan / most hopeful outcome is.

onmygame

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:25 am

Larry3215 wrote:A LOT of people are looking but not signing. Over on iFish for example, there have been almost 1800 views on two different threads.

I've noticed that as well Larry. Imagine if half the views would take a minute to sign! It really only takes that long. Maybe it is the reluctance to put their personal information.. Change.Org is a very legit organization, and they take peoples privacy very serious, so I would hope that's not a reason we are not seeing a lot more of the views turn into signatures.

I'd really like someone who has viewed the thread, yet not signed to chime in and let us know why they didn't. No hating going on, just very curious if there is something we can change to garner more support.
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)