I truly think it's time we all start reporting

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
dj2loud
Lieutenant

I truly think it's time we all start reporting

Post by dj2loud » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Here is a link to help us sportsmen and women make the WDFW finally see just whats going on in regards to not only natives illegally fishing but sportsmen and women poachers as well.......

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/violatio ... Start.html

MOBILE SITE -----

http://wdfw.wa.gov/enforcement/violatio ... Start.html

If you see it, REPORT IT!

I have been vigilant in efforts last year as well as this year.... Please take the time to even report it on your cell phone... YOU CAN REMAIN ANONYMOUS!

spokey9
Captain

Re: I truly think it's time we all start reporting

Post by spokey9 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:43 pm

I've done a fair amount of reporting over the years. Truthfully I've only seen a warden come out on my calls 3 times in over 20 years. I can't count how many times I've been on a pier in the sound and somebody has had a bucket over a quarter full of salmon smolts (less than 6" long) and made easily over a hundred calls on it over the years. Never got a response, I've had to dump the said buckets and run the individual off. The only responses I got were at minter creek when the dept mistook my report for people taking over the limit with fishing in the hatchery holding tanks. I'm at a point now if it ain't something that rubs me the wrong way I don't bother. If it does bother me I assess the situation and run the people off myself if I believe I can do so without taking any undue risks.

But I get where you're coming from dj and can appreciate your efforts in trying to get more folks to make the call. Truth is imo until the dept quits over paying office personnel and invest the bulk of their staff budget in enforcement and bios, the quality of our reg enforcement will be lackluster at best. This year I've had Snohomish parks employees try to do enforcement at the piers and their knowledge of the fish laws are pathetic at best from what I've seen. The past couple years I've seen various police departments try their hand but their knowledge was severely limited as well.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm

I have been told the basis of the reporting is to generate a paper trail and an event log that can be used to our benefit.. Per the WDFW every time an poaching / criminal event is generated the WDFW has to legally investigate the claim, including speaking to said parties. To insure reporting is followed upon, you should include time of day, what you had seen or witnessed, the reason your reporting, and any evidence you can provide.. THIS INCLUDES TRIBAL POACHING / RULES INFRACTIONS...... Per the WDFW officer whom I have spoken to on 3 or 4 occasions they will be able to generate a log of every incident that has been reported so please report the issues and lets all get on the same page... This attitude of we get half needs to end and all coincide together for a better fishery or we won't have one at all..... HALF OF 0 IS STILL 0......!

New info so please share and USE IT !!

TEXT REPORTING

Enter WDFWTIP (a space) and the Report

Send to: 847411 (TIP411)
Reports are completely anonymous
Note: The phone number, email address, and online applications on this page are intended solely for reporting fish and wildlife violations.
WDFW COMMUNICATIONS is open Monday – Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed weekends and holidays. If you are texting outside of these hours of operation, please contact your local State Patrol as they dispatch for WDFW when closed.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Reported a guy tonite on the south fork nooksack river ( 2 olive brown king salmon bonked ) with pictures, license plate # and the guys face shot........ Turn them in folks!