Where to fish in Corvallis Area

Talk about River Fishing in Oregon
nicktreat
Angler

Where to fish in Corvallis Area

Post by nicktreat » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 am

I just moved down to Corvallis for school, and I am itching to get some good fishing in. My brother, got me hooked on this site while I was staying with him in Seattle, and I thought it would be worth asking. Any ideas about where to fish this time of year. I took a day trip to the yaquina to look for some sea-run cutts, and thought my next stop should be the Alsea, but I have no idea about run timings and where to go and all that. I imagine there has to be some silvers out there somewhere....

The Nothing
Angler

RE:Where to fish in Corvallis Area

Post by The Nothing » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 pm

All depends on what you're fishing for. Sounds like you're trying to find some sea runs, which the coast rivers provide your best bets. Coho and Fall Chinook are in the rivers, though fishing has been slow to say the least. Close in around Corvallis you'll find a ton of great bass waters. Foster Lake and Green Peter offer some great fishing as well.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Not sure but it sure was nice to send the Beavers back there with a loss last weekend.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:02 pm

reigndawgs wrote:Not sure but it sure was nice to send the Beavers back there with a loss last weekend.
For real DAWG! Sorry brother, but it's true.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

If you want to get after trout and some of the runs the McKenzie river is awesome! The scenery is outstanding! I think it is artificial only but I could be wrong. The Willamette starts around there somewhere also and I know there are bass all through that river... But other then that I would head down to Springfield or even there in Corvallis and talk to the local fly shops they are usually the best source for info on current conditions:salut:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket