New 2020 Pike tally

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Commander

New 2020 Pike tally

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 pm

So I got my year kicked off finally today with my first pikey's of the year. I haven't been able to fish with my boat due to the weather. but I got out today in a new friends boat. We got 9 total between the 3 of us in the boat today and I got 4 of them. No big ones all in the 4 to 7 lb range, but its a start.

Total pike caught in 2020; 4
Number of pike over 10 lbs; 0
Fish over 20 lbs. 0

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: New 2020 Pike tally

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:54 am

Rick, somebody sent me a screenshot of your face book post about a couple of giants that had been caught recently. Any more news on them?

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am

Nope I still dont know anything more.

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 pm

first bass of 2020.jpg
This was my first fish of the year a big fat bass that hit my 160mm Kanata perch jerkbait at Hayden on about the 5th of Jan. We were pike fishing but this was the only bite. She was 6.6 lbs 23" long.

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 pm

So I managed to get 5 more pike in all this rain we been having and it has been a very tuff bite, but I'm happy it's rain and not snow. I haven't been able to find any big fish yet as the guy I'm fishing with has very poor electronics on his boat, so we are almost fishing blind. I guess we are lucky to find any fish with what we are working with. I keep hoping I can get my buddy with the new boat (and an awesome Lowrance self mapping system side imaging sonar unit) to take me out there, so I can actually learn a bit of what's out there and some better spots to fish. So here is one of the five fish I got, they have all been between 3 to 5 lbs. Although I did hook up on one really nice fish but for whatever reason the hook pulled out. Still catching them mainly on flutter spoons, but after throwing spoons and other baits for about 2 hours without any fish landed I put on a spinnerbait with a huge polished cop[per blade(about a #9) I made myself and slow rolling it in 20+ feet of water I manged to get my first fish of the day. The fishing picked up some and we got the rest on the flutter spoons. I must say this new spoon I found I'm very impressed with. I think it will be knocking them dead this spring as well so can't wait to fish it in my monster fish spot.

Total pike caught in 2020; 9
Number of pike over 10 lbs; 0
Fish over 20 lbs. 0
Attachments
pike 1-30-20.jpg