Great Story by one our own

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
k1500guy
Petty Officer

Great Story by one our own

Post by k1500guy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:23 pm

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/m ... orthern-p/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Great Story by one our own

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Way to spread the word Mark!

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Good job Mark. And cudos to Alan for talking to us. That must be pisces incorrect for sports writers! I'm jealous you get
to be #1 piker but at least I'm tied with many others for the #2 slot!! [thumbsup]

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Right now I'm # 1 with 8 pike landed so far this year. LOL

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm

The opening line in the article was Alan's doing. I'm flattered by his comment, but I didn't and still don't make any claims to being the best or most passionate pike fisherman in the area. I know there are a lot of very good pike fishermen out there, and others that would really love to see the mudslinging and finger pointing stop being directed at the pike.

I appreciated him asking for my comments, and it's fun being part of his article. I'm glad he was interested in doing a piece about the pike from a positive standpoint, rather than just the negative input we normally see in the paper.

I would love to see more positive follow up in the future. However, I had an email with the sports editor from the Spokesman. He said he appreciated seeing both sides of the issue, but couldn't guarantee any future articles.

I guess we'll have to take what we can get.

Enjoy, and build on that eight fish lead Rick. You'll be seeing my tail lights in the near future. However, I do see you making a big charge in June if you're still heading up to Last Mountain Lake. Have fun up there. [thumbsup]

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:18 pm

May 20th to the 26th the dream comes true.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:25 am

Take lots of leader material. Them bay boys, or should I say bad girls have big sharp teeth!