Kettle Falls area boat launches.

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Kettle Falls area boat launches.

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:05 pm

OK, after reading a pike report by st.Clair5x5, it seems it's finally time for me to make a run up to the Kettle falls area. Back in the day I used to fish for walleyes up there, but I haven't been in a while. I think I know where I want to fish for pike in the area, but I'm unsure of the boat ramp conditions.
Can anyone tell me if the launches at the Kettle Falls campground or the one at Marcus are usable at this time?

Thanks for the help! :salut:

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Re: Kettle Falls area boat launches.

Post by ridgeratt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:30 pm

This will give you current lake levels and the minimum Launch levels, But when it get close to the low water there is a good chance of finding some rocks at the end of the ramp.

http://www.nps.gov/laro/planyourvisit/boating.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Thanks for the link it's very helpful.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:22 am

The Kettle Falls launch is the place to use now. Marcus is high and dry. Be careful going north from K.F. Very shallow half buried rocky bars just north of the double bridges and shallow gravel bars out from singer's bay half way up to Marcus. I grounded on one last spring in the middle of the lake there. Just go slow and cut the throttle or turn when your fish finder comes up to 10-15 feet. The pike are out kinda deep yet; gets better shallow in April. Good luck/

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:46 am

Thanks for the input Chuck. Maybe we'll have to hook up and give them a try when the water gets a little deeper.

harleypiker
Warrant Officer

Post by harleypiker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:38 am

That would be swell. We've been trying to do that for a couple years :fish:

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:55 pm

AJ's Dad wrote:Thanks for the input Chuck. Maybe we'll have to hook up and give them a try when the water gets a little deeper.
Take ME ME ME. LOL I grew up in that area but aint fished it in 40 years. But would still love to try it.