2018 Pike Tally

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: 2018 Pike Tally

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:47 pm

That was an awesome fish Mark! Congrats on the C&R record!

I thought you had screwed up and left a clue in that first pic in the report about where you caught that fish. You can see your fish finder screen with the chart view. Its not very clear, but I thought I could figure out where you were with a little detective work. I must have spent at least a hour pouring over my charts and Google images trying to match that to some area in CdA or the chain lakes, but I could not get it to fit anywhere. Your secret location is still a secret! :D

By the way, just to keep this post on-topic - my bros and I fished CdA the first week in Oct and FINALLY caught some pike. The largest was just over 7 pounds, and the other 6 fish (I got 3) were all smaller, but we have the pike skunk OFF the boat now. My bro hooked one really nice looking one but it threw the hook half way to the boat. All were caught in various spots in Mica Bay in 8 to 15 ft of water in the weeds. They hit everything we threw at them. My bro even caught a small one on a lizard fishing from the doc.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 am

Larry, great to hear you guys broke the ice on the pike. I would guess you have the fever now. Ya a guy would have to scan a lot of charts to find the location doing that. It can be tough trying to keep your location secret. The places I fish are no secret. Lots of other people fish them. It just helps if the whole world doesn't know about them and add even more folks to the fishing real estate equasion. (I don't know how to spell that ) :)

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:56 am

I finally had a day with good numbers landing 18 pike on Saturday to bring me to 119 for the year. No big ones for me this trip but the two guys with me got an 8 1/2, 9 and a 14 pounder.
Still waiting to hear back from the state verifying last weeks fish as the new catch and release record.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:45 am

7 more on Saturday gets me to 126.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm

18 pike last Saturday and 24 more yesterday gets me to 168 on the year. IT's been a great year for quality fish! I'm already looking forward to next year!!

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:06 pm

I'm at one Pike for the year, for one trip :-"

When out couple weeks ago. I'm sure if I would put in more time, this number would get higher.