Sort order of reports

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
FishingFool
Commodore

Re: Sort order of reports

Post by FishingFool » Wed May 25, 2022 10:38 am

Something changed. It's not quite in chronological order again and don't see an option.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed May 25, 2022 12:32 pm

I *think* everything is as it has been for years, with the exception of the Clear lake report posted yesterday... The report date on his report is a month old, but that's because he created the report a month ago and never submitted it. The posted date is set when the report is created... not necessarily when it's submitted.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 pm

Aaron wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:32 pm
I *think* everything is as it has been for years, with the exception of the Clear lake report posted yesterday... The report date on his report is a month old, but that's because he created the report a month ago and never submitted it. The posted date is set when the report is created... not necessarily when it's submitted.
Scrolling down, the dates are off by a day or 2. I wonder if it's the same thing where the report was started but wasn't submitted immediately ?

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 pm

The actual default sorting order is by ReportID... which is the easiest way to get an exact order based on submission time/date... the actual dates on the reports are for when they went fishing... and when the data entry on the report was first initiated... if you hover over the Full Report button and look at the link it shows the report IDs is order of final submission.

I don't think this has ever really come up before but looking at it i do have a solution I'll roll out soon whereby the Posted Date is a reflection of the final submission as opposed to the creation of the initial report in the system. this will give a better and easier to understand method of sorting. This will allow reports to be in the system for as long as they want before being submitted to us, and will reflect the date they were finalized as the posted date.

I never really gave allowance for reports to be written, but not submitted, with a long gap in between.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System