Fishing techniques and methods

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Billm
Angler

Fishing techniques and methods

Post by Billm » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:13 pm

In a recent salmon derby, the top 3 winners were very reluctant to provide ANY information about their success. Often people give minimal information about tackle, techniques, colors, scents, etc. when giving reports. This is often done when on a favorite water or location. When on the water, I have met some outstanding individuals who have freely shared information about tackle, locations, and secrets about their fishing. Some have even offered to share tackle or bait. I know that I have really appreciated the help. I have freely shared information and many of you have as well.

Is it possible to have a section of fishing techniques for each species? This site would be a place where we can share our "secrets" without divulging locations. Of course, if one chooses, they can provide the location.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Fishing techniques and methods

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Good idea. I wouldnt mind if it was just one forum section where all technique type questions and shares were located.

Billm
Angler

Re: Fishing techniques and methods

Post by Billm » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:35 am

I am hoping so. Maybe if a person didn't feel obligated to share location they would feel more comfortable with sharing successful techniques. Just an idea. Thanks.