Looking for someone to re-show me the ropes

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
godawgs2017
Angler

Looking for someone to re-show me the ropes

Post by godawgs2017 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Hey everybody, first time poster here.

I grew up fishing with my dad in Bellingham, mostly just stocked trout and the occasional salmon. I've been fishing off and off a few times every year since then, mostly on family trips down to Texas.

Anyway, I've been getting more into trout fishing on my own the last year or so all over King County, and I am looking to make more fishing buddies and hopefully have someone give me some tips and tricks. I'm also very interested in learning how to fish for kokanee, and maybe even some steelhead. I am willing to drive anywhere in King or Snohomish County and and more than happy to provide drinks and lunch. I've stuck with shore fishing for now, since I recently graduated college and cannot afford a boat or have a place to store it quite yet, but I would love to grab an open seat on a boat every once in a while in addition to staying on the shore. I've been slowly building up a tackle collection, so I have a decent amount of my own gear but nothing too impressive.

I know it's a little early, but I just wanted to introduce myself on the board well before the spring rush starts. Let me know if you'd be willing to lend me some knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Lane

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: Looking for someone to re-show me the ropes

Post by branweeds » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:11 pm

If you ever come back up to Bellingham send me a PM and I will take you out fishing! I mostly fish rivers but I also bass and trout fish local lakes, either gear or fly fishing. I'd be happy to show you what I know.

Welcome to the Forum

-Brandon