• Search Reports by Author

• Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
 #236089  by JoshH
 Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 pm
Not sure if I am just not finding this, but there were times that I would come across a report written by someone and would pull up all other reports they had written in the past. I can't seem to find this feature now, is it still there and I just haven't stumbled on it yet, or is it a feature that has been removed?

Thanks!
 #236091  by Amx
 Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:45 pm
copy the person's name

go to 'search' at the top right of the page http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/Home/Search

click on 'search entire site' in the drop down menu http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/Home/Search

click on the drop down menue for 'search area', and then click on ' fishing reports'

paste the name in the box after: 'Search Query'
 #236093  by Aaron
 Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm
We've uncovered some bugs in the Search page that might make that difficult. Hang tight while we get them fixed.

The page Josh is talking about is not on the new site at all, but probably should be and I've added it to the list of things that need to be added to the new site. It was a list much like the Latest Reports page, but only for a specific user. if I can remember, I'll come back here and update this post after I've added it.
 #239045  by hewesfisher
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:25 am
Just tried to do this earlier today and was sure I'd read a post on this after the update. Is the ability to search all reports by specific member still a planned update/fix? Really like uplandsandpiper's reports and wanted to search all but couldn't find a way to do so.
 #239051  by Sideburns
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:35 pm
+1 Definitely miss this feature.
 #239061  by Sideburns
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 pm
Along with the author search feature, I also seem to remember there being a number associated with the report info designating how many reports the particular author has submitted... similar to the post count in the forums. This info was useful to help tailor comments/advice to the author, and when that person had hundreds of reports under his belt, I knew to take the report a little more seriously. Thanks guys!
 #239081  by hewesfisher
 Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 am
Sideburns wrote:Along with the author search feature, I also seem to remember there being a number associated with the report info designating how many reports the particular author has submitted... similar to the post count in the forums. This info was useful to help tailor comments/advice to the author, and when that person had hundreds of reports under his belt, I knew to take the report a little more seriously. Thanks guys!

Yes, it did include number of reports submitted.
 #239295  by JoshH
 Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 pm
I was just trying to find all reports by a specific author again. Would still love to see this re-implemented.
 #239297  by Mike Carey
 Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:11 pm
I'll give Aaron a reminder, thanks