Replying to a reply on a report

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
JoshH
Lieutenant

Replying to a reply on a report

Post by JoshH » Thu May 11, 2017 10:03 pm

A few times I have run into a situation where I make a comment on a report, someone replies to it, and I try to reply back but my reply does not take.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Re: Replying to a reply on a report

Post by Aaron » Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Definitely a bug. Thanks for reporting it. I'll take care of it tomorrow.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Fri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

The bug was actually that you can't reply to a reply... you can only reply to a comment. To place a comment under a reply, you have to reply to the parent comment.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 12, 2017 11:05 am

And if I make a comment, and refresh the page, my comment is posted again, and again, and again, however many times I click on refresh. lol

Then when I delete the extra posts/replies/duplicate comments I can delete them, but can't edit anybodies comment, and when a comment is deleted, I can't get to it to see why it's been deleted and so on. So if there is a BAD comment and I delete it, Mike/Aaron/admin may or may not be able to see the deleted comment to figure out of that person needs to be banned.

Also my curser is a line when I pose it over the delete and report buttons, but turns into a little pointy hand when I pose it over the reply button. :) So for awhile there I thought that I wasn't able to moderate the comments. [scared]
Tom.

Interests: living

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sat May 13, 2017 8:37 am

Amx wrote:And if I make a comment, and refresh the page, my comment is posted again, and again, and again, however many times I click on refresh. lol
As with every form on the internet, a warning pops up if you try to refresh a page that has already been submitted. It will re-post the info to the server, thereby duplicating what you've already submitted. I've never seen a browser that doesn't warn you against doing that. Hitting the Cancel button is always the right choice. As for refreshing a page that's already had a form submission, I always go to the address bar and hit enter... which takes you to the page you're already on, without resubmitting the form. I'm not the biggest fan of the commenting system right now. I might replace it at some point.
Amx wrote:Then when I delete the extra posts/replies/duplicate comments I can delete them, but can't edit anybodies comment, and when a comment is deleted, I can't get to it to see why it's been deleted and so on. So if there is a BAD comment and I delete it, Mike/Aaron/admin may or may not be able to see the deleted comment to figure out of that person needs to be banned.
Deleted comments and the reasons behind them are available to Admins. Editing comments is not a function.
Amx wrote:Also my curser is a line when I pose it over the delete and report buttons, but turns into a little pointy hand when I pose it over the reply button. :) So for awhile there I thought that I wasn't able to moderate the comments. [scared]
On my list.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Traxstech Fishing System

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat May 13, 2017 10:31 am

Ah, now the thread titles are a completely different color, instead of just a little darker, when one clicks on the title, and refreshes the page. lol [thumbsup]
Tom.

Interests: living