Adding Yakima river to river report drop downs...

Having problems with our website? Can't seem to find what you are looking for? Ask your questions here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Adding Yakima river to river report drop downs...

Post by The Quadfather » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Can I make a suggestion that you add the Yakima river to all counties which it flows through?

I can't remember which county list of rivers that it is currently setup in the drop down for, but I know that when people fish the upper Yak, in Kittitas county, it is not in the drop down options, and then people just pick another river, but are actually reporting on the Yak, and then of course I get worked up because it looks like they are reporting on my local river, it all snowballs from there. :-({|=

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Re: Adding Yakima river to river report drop downs...

Post by Aaron » Tue May 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Well..all areas are in their "official" county, not decided by us, but the usgs. That being said, would it help if there was an auto-fill search option?
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am

I don't see the old button option to quote the portion of the thread that I am responding back to, but anyway,
I didn't quite follow you Aaron, on the county determined by USGS? But, regardless of where the USGS says the river is located, if we know that it passes through many counties, I was thinking that we could just list it in the various counties in the drop downs. If the other option was to have an open ended fill in the blank kind of drop down, that works too. Thanks.

Also, on a side note..

I know that you have been working on the issue of the site logging people off, every time they come back to it, as well as I think you cleaned up some of the interface via cell phones and the site.

The biggest problem that I still have is that when using an iPhone via Verizon, if I am logged in, and I hit reply on any forum threads, (or replies to reports) it immediately wants me to log in again. Although.. it will not except my log in. It just keeps me from doing literally anything. For me the cell phone is useless to navigate the site.
In order to reply to this post, I had to get to a desktop computer.
I may have missed an update regarding how to better use the cell phone, because I am not actually on the site as much these days. Just let me know if there is something I need to be doing differently. Thanks.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 24, 2017 7:55 am

The Quadfather wrote:I don't see the old button option to quote the portion of the thread that I am responding back to, but anyway,
I didn't quite follow you Aaron, on the county determined by USGS? But, regardless of where the USGS says the river is located, if we know that it passes through many counties, I was thinking that we could just list it in the various counties in the drop downs. If the other option was to have an open ended fill in the blank kind of drop down, that works too. Thanks.

Also, on a side note..

I know that you have been working on the issue of the site logging people off, every time they come back to it, as well as I think you cleaned up some of the interface via cell phones and the site.

The biggest problem that I still have is that when using an iPhone via Verizon, if I am already logged in, and I hit reply on any forum threads, (or replies to reports) it immediately wants me to log in again. Although.. it will not except my log in. It just keeps me from doing literally anything. For me the cell phone is useless to navigate the site.
In order to reply to this post, I had to get to a desktop computer.
I may have missed an update regarding how to better use the cell phone, because I am not actually on the site as much these days. Just let me know if there is something I need to be doing differently. Thanks.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Wed May 24, 2017 7:50 pm

What version of iPhone, OS, Browser Type, Browser Version are you using? I'll see what I can do.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Aaron wrote:What version of iPhone, OS, Browser Type, Browser Version are you using? I'll see what I can do.
OK, well it looks like I found the 'Quote' tab. =D>
So, it is an iPhone 6plus, OS is Version 10.3.1 (14E304) , browser type is 'Mobile Safari' as far as I know? I have not switched it from whatever Apple gives you. No Chrome or anything like that.

Browser version... after a bunch go Google searches on how to obtain the browser version, this is what I came up with:

Version info: 5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_3_1 like Mac OS X) Apple WebKit/603.1.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Mobile/14E304 Safari/602.1

I hope that helps answer your questions Aaron, 'cause it's Greek to me.

Example, tonight I got an email alert via phone, that you had posted a comment on this thread. I clicked on the link in the email.. it went to the website, but asked me to sign in. I then was able to sign in this time, (Unusual) When I was signed in though, I was not able to comment back on the thread, it asks me to sign in again. Now I am stuck in a loop.
Just tested it again via the phone. Writing from desktop now.

Hope that helps.