Request for Prayers

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
rseas
Commander

Request for Prayers

Post by rseas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Request for Prayers

I am not sure where I am going to go with this and it is just possible that in sharing what I am about to share it is an attempt to shed some of my own grief. That said; the request for prayers is for my daughter, her husband and their precious little boy. After spending Sunday morning at their home helping them get ready for a new baby, goofing off and just being silly I was at home prepping the boat for the Marine Area 9 opener and a trip to Mid-Channel Bank (I was hoping for both early limits and a long delivery). I received a call with an urgent request to head for the hospital. I knew that they were headed that direction but figured that I had a day or so before the blessed event would occur and was surprised that they were being admitted. Arriving at the hospital in record time, nothing in the world could have prepared me for the next 24 hours.

My daughter and her husband were expecting their first baby. My daughter had been preparing for the moment ever since she was a little girl and so very excited. Sunday morning, she was glowing in anticipation as we did a few last-minute preparations. She was one happy young lady. Her husband was just as excited but the whole baby thing was kind of new for him. He had never really been around babies but had stepped up and got on the baby band wagon. It was fun watching him as he matured into his upcoming fatherly duties. He and my daughter had been busy for weeks assembling cribs and other baby furniture, crafting baby things and weaving their nest. My son-in-law, being a small-town Texas boy even had a zip-loc bag of Texas dirt that he had planned to place under the delivery bed so their baby could be born on Texas soil. Their little guy was going to be one very loved little boy.

On arrival at the hospital I was rushed into the delivery room and as I entered my son-in-law lovingly handed me the lifeless body of their baby. I tightly held both of them for a very long time, maybe hours trying to take some of his grief away. Thankfully my daughter was still out recovering from the anesthesia and did not yet know what had happened.

Their pregnancy had been textbook normal. All the prenatal milestones were met with flying colors. My daughter didn’t do drugs, smoke, ate well and was generally healthy. As they arrived at the hospital everything was progressing as to be expected and with a sense of excitement their moment was almost there. After being admitted and with regular contractions the Delivery Center staff prepared for a routine delivery. They had placed the fetal monitor and noted that babies heart rate was crashing with each contraction. The delivery team determined that an emergency c-section was required. My daughter and son-in-law were rushed to the OR where they performed the c-section. Unfortunately, his little heart beat one last time and he was gone shortly after the delivery. My son-in-law was there, lost in the middle of the lengthy but unsuccessful resuscitation effort.

I had stepped out of the room for a bit and when I returned my daughter had just woken up. My son-in-law had somehow summoned the strength to relive the terror he had just experienced and told my daughter that their little boy didn’t make it. My daughter who has a very special gentle spirit was lost and in complete despair. She was holding their baby, knowing that he would never see her. With eyes pleading for help, once again their little man was handed to me. My heart was breaking for them and their beautiful little boy. I was willing him to open his eyes, I even prayed that god would take me and give them their baby back. He was cute as a button and perfect in every way. I hope he knew how much they loved him.

The sorrow shared in the room even extended to the delivery team. Her doctor, our family doctor who had delivered two of our other grandkids was shaken and crying with us. With swollen eyes my wife and I had to make arrangements for our grandchild. My request for prayers is not for us but for my daughter and her husband. They will be going home to a very empty home, please pray that they can find peace in each other.

For our grandson; rest in peace little man we love you.

Thank you
21019~2.jpeg
21011.jpeg

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Request for Prayers

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:12 pm

That is such a tragedy, Randy. I’m so sorry for your whole family.
Words just don’t seem to convey the sympathy enough.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Image Sorry for their great loss.
Tom.

Interests: living

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:16 pm

So sorry. I can’t imagine what you all are going through.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:43 am

Randy JoAnn and I are so sad for your family's loss. Our prayers are with you all.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:08 am

This makes my heart ache, I am so sorry for your loss. Payers for all your family.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 am

Sincere condolences rseas. That was tough to read, can’t imagine what you all are going through.

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am

Randy, we are very sorry for your loss you and your family are in our Prayers.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am

So sorry for your family. Prayers sent.

BARCHASER
Warrant Officer

Post by BARCHASER » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am

What a shocker. That is so tragic. We are so sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you.

retired11
Petty Officer

Post by retired11 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 am

So very sorry for your family. Prayers sent!

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm

So hard to read .. so much we take for granted. All we can do is be here for each other .. us for you, you for them. Words, while never enough, always come from a place where we all wish we could do more, if only we knew what, and how. Condolences for your daughter and her family, and for you and yours. Try to remain strong and take things one day at a time. Good thoughts and wishes to you all.

stryker17
Warrant Officer

Post by stryker17 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Very sorry for your loss, my wife and I know that feeling. my wife had 4 miscarriages, each one was harder than the other, we finally adopted 2 boys and while they filled our needs we still wonder what if ???? prayers are with you....

jvbb
Angler

Post by jvbb » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 am

I just joined the group yesterday and this is the first post I read. I don't know any of you guys, I am from California, my mother n law lives on Camano Island and I have been coming up there for 25 years. I was grieved when I read this and I pray God touches you and your family with His love and Kindness and that you will find peace through your relationship with Him. God bless you and your family. Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, and I know that the little guy is with God. Prayers for you and your family. Joe

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Rejoice in knowing he was loved by all and your grandson is perfect in God's eyes. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I, our family truly thanks the NWFR family for your prayers, well wishes and support. These are difficult times and knowing we have the support that we do helps.

Again, thank you.