Where'd that new guy go?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Where'd that new guy go?

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:41 am

Good evening/morning all!

As I stared at my computer screen jonesing for some good fishing action on another insomnia-laden evening, I got to feeling a little guilty for kind of disappearing from the forums, and the Northwest Fishing Reports scene in general, and thought I'd stop by real quick to kind of explain things, share a little about what's going on in my life, and hopefully get back into communicating with all the awesome people that I've met here over the past few months.

Most of you I've interacted with know I've been going through some medical issues that have been pretty tough on me. However, I'm glad to say that most of them should be a thing of the past very soon (relatively speaking). In a few hours, my transplant surgeon will be going before the University of Washington's transplant board for permission to list me as active on the transplant list. Because I have been undergoing dialysis for so long, I will be listed with back-time to September of last year. Meaning once I am listed, I'll be listed as being on the list for almost 14 months. The average wait time for a dual transplant that I will be undergoing is 1 to 3 years, so I could be called in at any time, or it could be another year or more.

There have been 2 things that have been keeping me away from most of the outdoor activities I enjoy so much, and I'm hoping this procedure will rid me of both of them for quite a while. That being fatigue, and severe drowsiness. One caused by dialysis itself, and the other from the amount of blood pressure meds I'm on because of the kidney failure. So hopefully that will be a 2 birds with 1 stone situation once the transplant is complete.

I am also planning on going back to school to complete my doctorates degree in veterinary medicine. Since we don't know when the transplant would happen and wanted to avoid having to retake a bunch of classes (boy are they expensive!) I'm currently only taking one class and an accompanying lab while we await the surgery. This, coupled with all the doctor visits, and 12 hours of dialysis a week plus the fatigue it causes have kept me pretty much out of any kind of extracurricular activities. I still won't be around very often probably for the next couple months, but I'll try to make it a point to drop in a little more frequently to see how everyone is doing.

Sorry for the long-winded post, and I hope you are all doing well!

Tight lines.

~ Jeff.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Where'd that new guy go?

Post by TrackerPro16 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:45 am

Best of luck!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:10 am

Good luck to you Jeff.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 am

Hope you get some tight lines in the near future! Get well soon.

Fishin'Daze
Petty Officer

Post by Fishin'Daze » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:57 am

Good luck and hope your medical issues pass. We'll save some fish for you - just not the big ones. Hang in there and take one day at a time. :nemo:

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:21 pm

No need to be sorry in the slightest. Thank you for taking the time to bring us up to speed. I had no idea. I for one would appreciate if you keep us in the loop as things progress, so we can try to support you in any way we can and to know when you've gotten through all this. I'm sure you've heard that fishing hasn't been great this last year. Well, I'm not saying we're all holding back until you can get back out there, but .. could be!
You take care, do what you need to do, and get back on the water as soon as they'll let you!

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:57 am

Hey all, just a quick update, I was granted active status on the transplant list, so now it's just a waiting game. I've also been accepted to WSU, so I'll be getting an apartment and moving east of the mountains after I get called in to surgery, and recover. Otherwise, not much else has changed. I did get a chance to go fishing a few weeks back on Chico Creek, and did quite well. Report was posted back when I went. Thank you all for the warm wishes, and I hope you are all doing well, and have an amazing Christmas/holiday season. It's getting cold, which means steelhead season is upon us! Can't wait to see all the reports of them chromers I know you fellas are chasing!

I appreciate all of you and hope you have a great week!

~ Jeff

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:06 am

Best of luck to ya! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 pm

All the best, Jeff!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
FYI: Friends and I take a couple trips east to fish for walleye each year. When you are up to it, you may consider giving that a shot. The Potholes Reservoir, Moses Lake and Banks Lake are all great spots.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Cheers to having a positive 2018! Glad to hear you got out and got some fish. Thanks for the update and all the best!

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Jeff, best of luck with your upcoming medical procedures and may the wait be a short one. When you feel up to it there will be an open seat on my boat for you.

Happy Holidays and again we wish you the best of luck!