Best Online Store For Fishing Gear?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
BreakAes
Angler

Best Online Store For Fishing Gear?

Post by BreakAes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi all,

I need to get a gift card for somebody who's into fishing, and I need suggestions on the best online retailer(s) for fishing gear.

The recipient is in Washington state, so maybe a store that wouldn't require paying sales tax on orders would be best.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

dutchman2858
Commander

Re: Best Online Store For Fishing Gear?

Post by dutchman2858 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Tacklewarehouse.com is used by a bunch of guys.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:30 am

Any store that has an outlet in Washington will have to charge sales tax.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Technically any goods the are purchased in another state that doesn't have a sales tax or a sales tax lower than Washington's is subject to a "use tax" for Washington state residents. Granted how many really do that. I was wondering who is the best online store as well since the number of fishing stores available in various market areas seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Or they aren't ordering as much as they did in the past since they don't know if the state is going to have certain seasons.

Of course that same issue is what kept manufactures from even making enough of certain products last year. For example the P-Line Chovy Jigs. Various stores weren't able to get enough of the jigs - especially when the blue glow started catching fish in Edmonds.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:07 pm

LOL. If we buy or sell anything that isn't taxed at that time by Washington we should pay the use tax. Garage/yard sales even. So if at the sale we weren't charged a sales tax we should pay a use tax. Which would end up being the same rate as sales tax in that location. Now Washington state tax is 6.5% and has been for over 30 years the other % is location etc.

I use Janns Netcraft and Lures Parts online. Otherwise I do local.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

BreakAes
Angler

Post by BreakAes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks, Tackle Warehouse it is.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 am

I usually find the best deal on tackle, on EBAY. If you want to give a gift card, maybe a PayPal gift card would be best. That way the recipient can go find the best deal online and still shop using the gift card. Just my 2 cents.