kennel advice

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
spokey9
Captain

kennel advice

Post by spokey9 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 pm

So we're going vacation at the end of the month and we had arranged for our dog Harley to stay with the wife's cousin while we were gone. Well she backed out on us yesterday and now it's too late to change our room to a pet friendly one so we need to put Harley in a kennel while we're gone. I have no experience with kennels and could use a lead or two to a good one where our dog will be treated well. Any leads would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: kennel advice

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Spokey9, not sure but I feel like you are located in Snohomish or Skagit county, maybe??

There is an AWESOME dog boarding place called, ‘Bonafide dog boarding’ located in Snohomish area.

Imagine this, there is a full on rambler house that the dogs stay/live in while boarded. I’m talking about.. you walk in, there are couches/furniture, dogs are chillin’ on the couch watching TV... beacause heaayy, they have their own entire house with some flat screens on the wall.
OK.. so I don’t want my dog, bored/lazy, watching Ellen.

Go outside, entire front yard is an obstacle course for dogs.. large pipes like 4’ diameter that dogs run through, things to climb up on, it’s pure dogs running around, a sniff fest.

When our dog came home, I was worried he was sick, he just layed on the floor for 2 days. I then realized he was purely exhausted from a weekend of partying with other dogs.

You can Google the place.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks quad that sounds perfect for him. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning to see if there's an opening for harley. My concern was having the lil guy stuck in a cage the 6 days were gone.

You're about spot on with my location too. I'm in snohomish county not far from the Skagit line :-"
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Tue May 15, 2018 4:27 pm

If that doesn't work out check our rover.com. Its people who board in their homes. You can look through the reviews to check on them. Most also say the max number of dogs they will keep (don't want more than 1 or 2).