Rod and reel repair spokane. Business opportunity??

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Rod and reel repair spokane. Business opportunity??

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 am

HELP!!
The only fishing reel repair shop I know of in the Spokane area has closed down. I have used Larry's Rod and Reel Repair for several years and now they have closed up shop. When I just contacted him, he said he had closed down his business and it was for sale. I think this would be a great part time business for someone with a knack for tinkering with gadgets. Besides that, I need someone to repair a fishing reel. [biggrin] If you know of anyone that does this type of work in the Spokane area please reply and let me know. If you're interested in buying this guys business, let me know and I'll give you his contact information.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Rod and reel repair spokane. Business opportunity??

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:50 am

I don't know of anyone local. When mine need work I do them myself.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:27 am

You want to work on my Shimano curado?

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 am

AJ's Dad wrote:You want to work on my Shimano curado?
I serviced my Daiwa SGs (4ea) a year or so ago and upgraded drag washers. Wasn't difficult at all.

That said, I don't have a Curado and have never had one apart so would be uncomfortable using yours as a "test case".

What specific model do you have and what's wrong with it?
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:48 am

I know this isn’t exactly a repair shop in the Spokane area, but...
I can’t say enough about a guy I have been using who runs is own reel repair and maintenance business out of his home on Mercer Island, Seattle.
https://supertunereels.com/about/

I have sent probably 15 reels this past year to Andy. He does excellent work on all level wind reels. I have 1929 Penn reel, which is the 2nd reel that Penn ever mass produced. He cleaned it up VERY nicely, as well as all my current reels. Upgrades drag washers, add power crank handle if desired.
It’s not Spokane, but very easy to mail it. :salut:

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:32 pm

AJ's Dad wrote:HELP!!
The only fishing reel repair shop I know of in the Spokane area has closed down. I have used Larry's Rod and Reel Repair for several years and now they have closed up shop. When I just contacted him, he said he had closed down his business and it was for sale. I think this would be a great part time business for someone with a knack for tinkering with gadgets. Besides that, I need someone to repair a fishing reel. [biggrin] If you know of anyone that does this type of work in the Spokane area please reply and let me know. If you're interested in buying this guys business, let me know and I'll give you his contact information.
If you choose not to mail it off, there might be a video on how to repair it yourself on youtube. There was a lot of maintenance videos where they taken em apart
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ano+curado
Snakes dont have any arms that's why they dont wear vests - Stephen Wright

SeniorSausage
Angler

Post by SeniorSausage » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:28 am

AJ's Dad wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 am
HELP!!
Carpe diem! It's a nice moment, search info on youtube and try to learn repair stuff yourself! Maybe you'll be the one, who makes this job in your area. Monopoly? Sounds great!