Contacting other members

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Contacting other members

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 am

OK I give up. I can't figure out how to contact another member from this site. I used to be able to do it, but since the last changes I can't figure it out. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart. I thought you could click on their name and go to their bio and select contact member.
Can someone tell me how to do it???

Thanks for the help

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Contacting other members

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 am

On the right side under your user info you'll see "Contact" and to the right there is small envelope icon, clicking will take you to an email option to the left of the envelope is another icon that opens the PM feature.

Same thing if you click on user's name, a separate window opens and on the right side you'll Contact (user's name) and directly below you'll see PM and email options. [cool]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:17 pm

OK I see it now but I only see it when someone posts to a forum thread. If I click on the name in a persons report, all I get is their past reports and no contact info.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:27 am

Yep, different issue. You'd have to use the member search function under the Forum tab to get contact info. Doing that will take you to the same info page when you click on a user's name in a forum post. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 am

Gotcha. Now I just hope I remember how to do that the next time I want to contact someone. :scratch: :scratch:
It sucks getting old. LOL

Thanks for the help!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm

hewesfisher wrote:Yep, different issue. You'd have to use the member search function under the Forum tab to get contact info. Doing that will take you to the same info page when you click on a user's name in a forum post. [wink]

Hewesfisher, Yeah.. since this is on the active topics... my frustrating moment is that if you click on a person who has started a thread for example.. that is fine. You will get to the place of their contact page. (Send PM, Send email etc)

But if see a random user who has left a comment in a fishing report, there is no option to click on that person’s name. It’s not a clickable item.

So, like today at lunch. I go to search members... go to the letter (A). I have 70 pages of members who’s user names start with (A)
That’s a lot of work on a guy’s thumbs on a cell phone. But in the end you’l find your fish. :-({|=

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:47 am

The Quadfather wrote:But if see a random user who has left a comment in a fishing report, there is no option to click on that person’s name. It’s not a clickable item.
True, but since you know their username from their report comment you don't have to search through 70 pages to find their contact info.

When you go to Forum/Members, click on "Find a member" to the left of the alphabet, type or paste username in the "Username" box, and enter. Their username will be displayed near the bottom of the screen and clicking it will display contact info same as if you clicked their username in the forums.

Agree it's not as easy but is a work around. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System