How Old Are You?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.

Which would be an appropriate daily limit?

1 per day
19%
2 per day
27%
3 per day
55%

Total votes: 64

Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by Ezlivn89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 am

I am 22, i have been fishing since 8, religously fishing since 13, and now fish whenever its not hunting season.
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

Four Score and Three

Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Post by Ezlivn89 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 am

Bob Johansen wrote:Four Score and Three
Thats impressive.... Mass amounts of fishing knowledge
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:28 am

Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 am

51 going on 18
I am a kid inside trapped in an old mans body, not sure how this happened................

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:24 am

I am so old I don't even bother looking at Cabelas ads anymore -- but I still young enough to buy one more fishing license -- maybe today.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

I turn 35 tomorrow (Aug 7th).

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 am

I'm still OLD!
Tom.

Interests: living

duyanemeruz
Angler

Post by duyanemeruz » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:54 am

In the middle stage of life.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Old.. Hint, I worked five summers in college in a plywood mill and made enuff $ to pay all the tuition at a private college with a little left over for some beer..

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:27 pm

I made it to 16! [flapper]
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

greenboater
Angler

Post by greenboater » Tue May 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Age seems to tend to make things become boring sometime 's unless you become good at what you do . When you see strong results for your effort that is when you know you have learned . When ya get to tired to learn , well that's old as for the number of years maybe that is so yo know how many candles to put on the birth day cake .
I wouldn't think anyone who loves to fish doesn't get old they just get better at it and some times it just takes a litter bit longer but does it matter no , not really , does a fish stop to think about how old is a fisherman is before it bites ? most likey
not, it's thinking of a tasty treat . Only have to be one percent smarter then the fish to catch him.
As for me I been learning for 67 years and there is always something to learn or see out there in the pond. :)
I only wish I could remember the first fish I ever caught , but it was such a long time ago ,maybe my dad or uncle or even
my grandpa might know , It must have been fun because I'm still doing it and none of them are around now to ask.
greenboater [thumbsup]

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 am

greenboater wrote:Age seems to tend to make things become boring sometime 's unless you become good at what you do . When you see strong results for your effort that is when you know you have learned . When ya get to tired to learn , well that's old as for the number of years maybe that is so yo know how many candles to put on the birth day cake .
I wouldn't think anyone who loves to fish doesn't get old they just get better at it and some times it just takes a litter bit longer but does it matter no , not really , does a fish stop to think about how old is a fisherman is before it bites ? most likey
not, it's thinking of a tasty treat . Only have to be one percent smarter then the fish to catch him.
As for me I been learning for 67 years and there is always something to learn or see out there in the pond. :)
I only wish I could remember the first fish I ever caught , but it was such a long time ago ,maybe my dad or uncle or even
my grandpa might know , It must have been fun because I'm still doing it and none of them are around now to ask.
greenboater [thumbsup]
I don't remember the first fish I ever caught either. Mom has told me that we were using grocery string, a willow stick pole and a small safty pin with a worm attached. Don't recall what type of fish it was but I'm think it was probably a small fresh water sculpin or crayfish. Oh yes, I'll be 86 in a couple months.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Post by ridgeratt » Wed May 13, 2015 6:46 pm

I was told that my Dad had me when I was a little rascal sitting in a High chair. He would pull on a string and taught me to set the hook. :cheers:

That was in 1952!!

I can remember 16 fish trout limit's then they went to a 12 fish limit, Followed by 8 Fish and now it's 5.
The WDFW are always struggling about stocking, So here's my suggestion. Anyone who purchases a license should be able to go the the WDFW and collect the daily limit of fish. Then they can release them in the lake they are fishing. It will sort of promote a release and catch program. If you can catch 5 fish it's a wash. If you only catch 4 you have left and extra fish. If you don't catch any then you have really benefited the stocking program. The WDFW would not be out a fuel costs to get the lakes stocked. This would be a plus for all parties!!!