Big fish in small pond??

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Big fish in small pond??

Post by Amx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:18 am

Yes.
Tom.

Interests: living

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 am

For sure there will be a few 'biggies' even in a small lake.
Many years ago I was paddling a buddy around that was a pro at one time. We were in a canoe on a 44 acre Lake I rented a house on for years. I had never caught anything with any size out of it. We paddled over to a patch of lilly pads in a corner and he dropped a lure into a tiny opening in the middle of the lilly pads and the water exploded! Big large mouth! It was kind of an eye opener for me. We caught others that day but that particular one was a real pig. All C&R.

grubowski
Petty Officer

Post by grubowski » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:23 pm

I caught a 5.25 a few weeks ago out of a 3 acre pond. If they have what they need they’ll grow.

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 pm

45 pound catfish in Greenlake! https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... reen-lake/
So yeah, big fish in small pond.