Looking for Secret Lakes in North WA

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
360fisherman
Angler

Looking for Secret Lakes in North WA

Post by 360fisherman » Mon May 18, 2015 1:18 pm

I am tired of fishing all the local lakes as they are starting to become busy. I was hoping to find a secret lake/pond that holds Bass where i can practice. Shore fishing would be ideal but i do have a boat, just impossible to get through trails with.
Fish On

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Looking for Secret Lakes in North WA

Post by Amx » Mon May 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Get a map, look for lakes, pick a lake, go for it. That's what we did before the internet and fishing forums.

Or use an online map that you can zoom in.
Tom.

Interests: living

wlai
Petty Officer

Post by wlai » Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 pm

AMX that's a much nicer reply than I'd have written. Well done :-)

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 am

Well, I don't think anyone is going to give up their secret lake. A well known lake, yes, but certainly not a special lake.
Tom.

Interests: living

MrDestiny
Angler

Post by MrDestiny » Wed May 20, 2015 10:08 am

most of the "secret" lakes aren't secret at all, they just know when and where to be lol.. but if you want to practice on shoreline casting all you need is find lakes that you have to "hike" to get there..
"I'm not a fishing noob, I'm a practicing fisherman!!!"

Fishingirl78
Angler

Post by Fishingirl78 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 pm

I won't tell you where but there are some seriously amazing fishing in lakes you have to bushwhack to that are stocked by hellicopter forest service every 5-10 years. Some you have to hike a few miles on trail then bushwhack a mile and camp. Go to department of fish and wildlife and look through the list of stocked lakes and you'll find them. Another way is to look for lakes of right size and depth near a hiking trail that is large. Not uncommon to hook a trophy golden trout in stocked mountain lakes. I would never keep one though. Happy hunting!

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm

Here's one for you but it has houses around it now. Rainbow Lake by Granite Falls.

BudHawk
Angler

Post by BudHawk » Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Hey so I've been doing som reading on some nice secret spots! I've been booted out a couple but keep going back lol look up fluke networks in Everett between buddies and myself 30 bass in about 6 hours of fishing over 2 days

I'm working another one now and will post later

360fisherman
Angler

Post by 360fisherman » Mon May 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I am no longer in the north north west and instead in the northern Tacoma area. Still looking to bank/shore fish for bass

Probably gonna try some inner city fishing holes (China & Delong lake) and see what I get
Fish On