China lake, Tacoma

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
360fisherman
Angler

China lake, Tacoma

Post by 360fisherman » Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 am

I have recently moved to the Tacoma area and interested in a few small lakes for bass. Has anyone ever tried out China lake or Delong lake?
Fish On

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: China lake, Tacoma

Post by Bodofish » Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 am

I would search all the forums, I seem to recall a post or report on China lake at some point in the past few years. I'm sure about DeLong. Good Luck.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

RRave19
Petty Officer

Post by RRave19 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:35 am

I just recently moved back to Tacoma as well 360fisherman. I remember when I was growing up China lake was dried out and we use to dirt bike back there so im not sure how the fishing is. I too am in search of some good bass fishing in the Tacoma area. I am very intrigued about Delong lake. I will let you know if I make it there soon. Let me know if you find any spots and I will do the same. Thanks!

360fisherman
Angler

Post by 360fisherman » Mon May 23, 2016 6:43 pm

RRave19 wrote:I just recently moved back to Tacoma as well 360fisherman. I remember when I was growing up China lake was dried out and we use to dirt bike back there so im not sure how the fishing is. I too am in search of some good bass fishing in the Tacoma area. I am very intrigued about Delong lake. I will let you know if I make it there soon. Let me know if you find any spots and I will do the same. Thanks!

I am probably going to go to a few fishing holes tommorrow around northern Tacoma and see what I can find. China and Delong lake are on the list so I will let you know if I pull anything out of them. Fingers crossed for some nice bass
Fish On

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Used to fish it in the 80s and 90s. Big bass and bluegill and pumpkin seed. Not sure if its still open. Delng has crazy stuff going on in that park, may get murdered but it has catfish and bluegill, maybe more.