Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SPARKY101
Captain

RE:Secret bass lakes

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Well taz looks like you have 2 offers from the locals to pick you up.What a great site for people to meet up with the same common interest CATCH A FISH.You can hit me up on the pm also:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:03 am

Bigbasstaz and I will be hitting up a secret lake today! Deepest part of the lake is 7ft. We will post any fish caught and water temp. I really hope they are getting active. I am not sure if i remember what a bass looks like.#-o

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 am

bassmasterderek wrote:Bigbasstaz and I will be hitting up a secret lake today! Deepest part of the lake is 7ft. We will post any fish caught and water temp. I really hope they are getting active. I am not sure if i remember what a bass looks like.#-o
lol me neither. Hope we get our first bass of the year!:cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey you guys I knew a so called secret bass lake I used to fish when I lived in the Graham/Orting area. Between Ohop and Kapowsin lakes up Clay City, do you know where I am talking about. I caught alot of bass in this lake, its shallow and it has plenty of cover and structure.
Well its not called Catching!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:49 pm

eustace wrote:Hey you guys I knew a so called secret bass lake I used to fish when I lived in the Graham/Orting area. Between Ohop and Kapowsin lakes up Clay City, do you know where I am talking about. I caught alot of bass in this lake, its shallow and it has plenty of cover and structure.
Sad to say but the Clay City area has become a party spot and methhead hang out in the last couple of years. All the lakes in this area have become over run with this. The fishing might still be good but you always have to worry about if your car will be there when you get back. Its really sad.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:43 am

Didn't catch anything but we had fun though! Hopefully the water warms up allot this week!

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:01 am

Great to see that the site is helping people get together and get out on the water. So no fish, but a good time had by all!

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 pm

bassmasterderek wrote:Didn't catch anything but we had fun though! Hopefully the water warms up allot this week!
:cheers: Had a blast first time on a real bass boat! Thanks man:salut:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

lemagoat
Warrant Officer

Post by lemagoat » Fri May 02, 2008 10:03 pm

hey cavdad,do you ever fish that millpond in lebenon? sorry if the spelling is wrong. I fish oregon sometimes, havent for a couple years, some farm ponds out near sweethome and albany. and the one in lebanon that looks right lol! havent heard much from you this year you always posted nice things on my posts. are the ponds you talking about those 3 along i-5 I think you drive over them or one of them anyway. those are closer to albany i think, heck that might not even be i-5 lol! been a while sine i've been there.
Live life, Love your wife, drive a goat, Catch a hog and be happy

Valarauko
Angler

Post by Valarauko » Sat May 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello, first post here. I found that using Google Earth / Google Maps can help locate a bunch of smaller ponds / lakes in the Snohomish / King County area. Some look like you'd have to hike to get there but they might be worth checking out. :)

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun May 04, 2008 12:01 am

Valarauko wrote:Hello, first post here. I found that using Google Earth / Google Maps can help locate a bunch of smaller ponds / lakes in the Snohomish / King County area. Some look like you'd have to hike to get there but they might be worth checking out. :)
Welcome aboard. Thats a great way of checking things out.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:06 pm

Valarauko wrote:Hello, first post here. I found that using Google Earth / Google Maps can help locate a bunch of smaller ponds / lakes in the Snohomish / King County area. Some look like you'd have to hike to get there but they might be worth checking out. :)
If using Google Maps, make sure to also scan through areas in Satellite mode. Not all real small ponds show up in the Map mode...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Valarauko
Angler

Post by Valarauko » Mon May 05, 2008 12:39 am

kevinb wrote:
Welcome aboard. Thats a great way of checking things out.
Thanks! Just got my fishing license for the first time actually. :) Haven't really been fishing since I was a kid. Now that I'md 26 and have more time to spend out and about I've started up again :D
Sam Kafelafish wrote:
If using Google Maps, make sure to also scan through areas in Satellite mode. Not all real small ponds show up in the Map mode...
Great point! I haven't checked satellite mode really. I use Google Earth mainly and NASA's World Wind (definitely not as detailed as Google Earth). I haven't been small pond fishing yet. Definitely worth checking out based on a couple threads I've seen. :D

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon May 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Welcome to the site !!
aka Powerworm

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Mon May 19, 2008 6:38 am

cavdad45 wrote:Yeah, I got one that I will be hitting next weekend. It is less than 50 acres, dark water (which retains heat and warms up faster), with a nice orientation so that the NW corner is ledged with a couple breaklines from deep sanctuary to spawning flats. It's in Oregon and gets passsed by thousands of drivers everyday along I-5.
Oh man, you have to spill the beans. I might be visiting my brother in Portland and I have been looking to get him into his first bass since last summer. Is this pond any where near Fairview? We probably won't have time to fish anyway, but he doesn't know where to go to fish.

As for secret lakes, I have none. Just the Fed Way lakes.

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed May 21, 2008 8:16 am

fished my lil spot outside of mesa,wa this past week-end. was only there for 30 minutes, and, caught 2-2 lb.'ers. saw a few cruising the shoreline. dozens of beds on one end. going back memorial week-end after playing ball in moses to fish it ALOT more seriously. jigs dropped on there heads were the ticket! these boys were released this time!

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:04 pm

I have a couple. Used to just fish the shore but after getting back from Iraq I noticed that the shores are now overgrown with vegetation and the lake is spilling over to the old trails we used to walk. So I went out and bought a Cheapo Fiberglass boat and now the gate to get to the road that leads to the lake is locked #-o. Now I have to go the long way when I get a day off with my fishing buddy. I know there are some big boys in there and the cover and structure in that lake shows that there should be some in there. Hopefully I can get in there sooner rather than later

PokerAddict
Petty Officer

Post by PokerAddict » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:07 pm

can anyone share me some good bass fishing spots? havent caught a bass yet in my life lol.. and every lake around here is horrible.. lol

RB
Warrant Officer

Post by RB » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:42 pm

PokerAddict wrote:can anyone share me some good bass fishing spots? havent caught a bass yet in my life lol.. and every lake around here is horrible.. lol
There was a post that Vancouver Lake i think its called is a pretty lightly fished bass spot. Go there and give it a go. Hope I don't get flamed for putting that info out :-#

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:15 am

lemagoat wrote:hey cavdad,do you ever fish that millpond in lebenon? sorry if the spelling is wrong. I fish oregon sometimes, havent for a couple years, some farm ponds out near sweethome and albany. and the one in lebanon that looks right lol! havent heard much from you this year you always posted nice things on my posts. are the ponds you talking about those 3 along i-5 I think you drive over them or one of them anyway. those are closer to albany i think, heck that might not even be i-5 lol! been a while sine i've been there.
Are you talking about those three just east of I-5 south of Albany? Went there Thursday and did pretty good.