Secret bass lakes

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tnj8222
Admiral

RE:Secret bass lakes

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:42 pm

if you have the patience to figure this lake out it is a good lake for smaller fish and a nice one here and there.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:36 am

My wife and I have lake property in Mason County. I wouldn't call it a secret spot but certainly off most peoples radar. It has a healthy population of Large and smallmouth bass,kokanee and rainbows. It also has blugil and black crappie but unsure of their overall status(don't catch them very often)cats too. I have even caught a salmon. Maybe this summer if anyone would be interested, I'll have to get a campout going. B.Y.O.B of course.

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:41 am

Has anyone fished Laughing Jacobs Lake? Is it any good? What species are in this little lake?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:05 am

kuttkilla wrote:Has anyone fished Laughing Jacobs Lake? Is it any good? What species are in this little lake?
Laughing Jacobs lake is only accessed by private property. Trout (rainbow and cutts) are rumored to swim around as well as warmwater species...I know someone who has fished it, had no luck, but talked to locals and they say that it's a productive lake...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:21 pm

I like Lake Tanwax as a special private fishing lake.Very lil people are on it.Crappie B.G perch trout and bass in it.I dont know when they last poisened it though.The state loves poisining lakes and restocking them.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:51 pm

kevinb wrote:My wife and I have lake property in Mason County. I wouldn't call it a secret spot but certainly off most peoples radar. It has a healthy population of Large and smallmouth bass,kokanee and rainbows. It also has blugil and black crappie but unsure of their overall status(don't catch them very often)cats too. I have even caught a salmon. Maybe this summer if anyone would be interested, I'll have to get a campout going. B.Y.O.B of course.
Mason Lake ?? If so, I'll be out there a few times this year.
aka Powerworm

clam man
Warrant Officer

Post by clam man » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm

Not really a secret lake, but Lakedale resort up on san juan islands has three beautiful lakes they own (4 bucks or so a day fishing license) that you can fish year round, with campgrounds near by and a nice lodge. Just got back from there, some nice 3lb plus bass, and plenty of trout. A little cold though so not much action, one bass, one trout. I think the lakes are called neva, fish hook, and dream. I am heading back in the summer.

I was amazed how much fishable freshwater is up on that island.

Clam man
Clam Man

"____________"

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Bass Tracker wrote:Skagit County's Little Cranberry Lake used to be one of my secret lakes but recently Mike added it to the lake index. It is a great little lake for hand carried craft. Check it out in the lake index and I bet one photo of the lake will make you itch to make a few casts into it.
I love that lake. I used to fish it regular when i lived up in Anacortes. Lots of bass and crawdads.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:28 pm

hey Cav,

do you want to fish the little secret bass lake soon? the weather is getting better and its starting to warm up so the fishing should be getting good.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 pm

i have a nice secret bass lake that has some nice bass in it and gets no fishing pressure and was wondering if anyone wanted to hit it up with me if so shoot me a pm

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Just got back from my secret lake...little too cold, only spent a few mins tossing around a senko...Gonna see if a spinnerbait rolled real slow will get anything later...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Hey i am still open this weekend in taking someone to my secret bass lake if any one is interested just tell e via this thread or pm

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:03 pm

ChrisB wrote:
kevinb wrote:My wife and I have lake property in Mason County. I wouldn't call it a secret spot but certainly off most peoples radar. It has a healthy population of Large and smallmouth bass,kokanee and rainbows. It also has blugil and black crappie but unsure of their overall status(don't catch them very often)cats too. I have even caught a salmon. Maybe this summer if anyone would be interested, I'll have to get a campout going. B.Y.O.B of course.
Mason Lake ?? If so, I'll be out there a few times this year.
Yeah,I'll put something together. If nobody minds camping,I've got a camper out there. But it won't hold everyone and I'm not cuddling anyone ok!!! Theres electricity and a long house to take showers. Give me a little time,I'll get back with more info.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 pm

yeah i would be interested

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Fisherman_max wrote:hey Cav,

do you want to fish the little secret bass lake soon? the weather is getting better and its starting to warm up so the fishing should be getting good.
I am kinda busy with Easter this weekend. My wife and kids are in the church musical presentation and my gospel quartet is singing Easter morning. Needless to say, we have a large rehearsal schedule the next few days.

Let's watch the weather for the following weekend. If it looks promising we could go there or another nearby favorite.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 pm

okay, sounds good to me
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:30 pm

I know of a lake on here that may hold a record bass.This lake has not had any postings for bass though. One guy caught one on accident. lol!!! I pull in on the way out to Offut when it is open and catch a few from bank. it has a launch!!I have caught a few in the 5-6 range!!Saw an eight pulled out by one of my buddies.Come lake opener anyone that wants to take a boat out there they can pick me up and I will show them:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am

Bigbasstaz pm me when the lake opens and we'll take my boat out there!!

5bagger
Angler

Post by 5bagger » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:56 am

Spanaway is my little secret, but its the time you fish it thats the secret. alot of people fish it just not at hte right time and right place. Checked it out yesterday and the ramp should be all done this week. It looks really nice and I cant wait to put the Ranger of mine in. Caught my big fish around the next couple of months there.It was 9lbs3oz and it took up the whole live well of my then 14ft boat.
Want to get away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pm me and we'll set it up.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:37 pm

bassmasterderek wrote:Bigbasstaz pm me when the lake opens and we'll take my boat out there!!
Will do. I think it is awsome how great you guys have been I signed up less than a week ago and have had so many opportunities. I feel like I'm talking to long lost friends:thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket