secret fishing lake/ponds????

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
PokerAddict
Petty Officer

RE:secret fishing lake/ponds????

Post by PokerAddict » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 pm

mhmm if not many people thinks its fishable.. imagine size of fish in there xD

hawaiiboy396
Petty Officer

Post by hawaiiboy396 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 am

Anyone ever caought anything at Halls lake. Is it possible to put a car top boat in it.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 am

hawaiiboy396 wrote:Anyone ever caought anything at Halls lake. Is it possible to put a car top boat in it.

Hawaiiguy,

I was on this orig. thread 3 years ago. Talked at that time with Hookemdanno who started the thread. She never put into Halls lake. We both walked around it as close as we could get and feel comfortable with private property issues, etc.
It is correct that the East side of the lake is the more open looking area of the lake. Alot of grass field looking area. I did though see a lot of signs that said things like "Keep out" etc.
It felt like one of those situations where people may put up signs saying keep out... but do they really have rights to the property to tell you that?? Sometimes a sign like that just helps keep people away,, but maybe it has no rights behind it?? In the end I chickened out on launching my tube.
You asked about a car-topper boat launching there...? I would def. feel a little out of place with that. I did not even want to park my car to launch a float tube. I was going to walk down a few blocks. I also went to a website that shows property lines for private property. The whole lake was cut up with private property along the West side where the obvious houses are. The East side that has that open field also showed a private property line, although covering the much larger field. I don't know what good that info is though.... I mean in a suburban area like that obviously "Everything" is owned by somebody, right?

all that being said though,, I hope you go for it in some form or another. Then send me a PM and let me know if you got hassled. :bom:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

The ponds off 200th St. Sw the "Mini park'' i have caught pumpkinseed sunfish, turtles, and largies in it! My 6 pounder cam out of there a few sundays ago!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 am

I was up near Halls lake today, so I scouted it out again. The East side which is the one that looks sort of like accesable.... It just isn't recommended. Upon further pulling in the vehicle, I saw there are maybe 6 different signs at the driveway entrance that say in 6 different ways that you aren't welcome and you will be prosecuted/towed, etc.

****The slightly good news is that on the West side of the lake there is a little street that turns in to a few houses. About 30' from the turn in, there is a green belt that goes down to the lake. It appears to have slight trail along it. Forget about any kind of boat going in there. There were no keep out signs, only a sign about "Nature area" be careful of the animals kind of sign. Don't know if it opens up to a decent bank access at the lake, but you could prob. walk in a float tube and shove off.****

4r7wHMg5Yjg

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am

"Talked at that time with Hookemdanno who started the thread. She never put into Halls lake."

What ever happened to her? I got to fish with her once at Trout Lk. Man, she can fish! Haven't seen much from her since. Hellooooooooo....Suzanne?
Last edited by BassDood on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:45 am

BassDood wrote:"Talked at that time with Hookemdanno who started the thread. She never put into Halls lake."

What ever happened to her? I got to fish with her once at Trout Lk. Man, she can fish! Haven't seen much from her since. Hellooooooooo....Suzanne?

Bassdood, Suzanne and I were part of the bass float tubers club that stared a few years ago on here.... Hey, wait a minute,, weren't you in that too,LOL? Maybe that is where you fished with her at? Anyway, the group sort of fell apart I think. At least nobody calls me to fish anymore.:-({|=
I did hear from her in the last year, but I think she said she wasn't fishing as much.
Nice girl.

4r7wHMg5Yjg

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 am

Yeah Quad, that's why we fished together...the float tube club. Not sure what happened other than maybe lack of interest, It kind of fell by the wayside. Not sure what happened with Aaron E as well. Hope they're all good. We need to fish some time too!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 pm

BassDood wrote:"Talked at that time with Hookemdanno who started the thread. She never put into Halls lake."

I thought my ears were burning! Hey, Gerry and Chris :cheers: I'm still around, but have taken up lurker status for the most part. I pop on at least once a week and read reports and the forums. I fished hardly at all last year, but have been out a few times for bass this year, and also have taken some friends' kids fishing for trout at Green Lake. I will try to post up a few pics on the fishing pictures forum. I fondly remember you guys, and the now-defunct float tube club. Maybe we should revive it? :-"

Suzanne
Suzanne

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Nice to hear from you Suzanne! I was pretty sure that you were in the shadows out there somewhere. I wish I could say that I had time for a revived float tube club, but that is not the case. Life is busier this year, and I have joined an electric motor bass club. I barely am able to commit time to that.
I hope you can find your way back to fishing from your tube for bass again this summer.
I thought you had mad skills with bassin'.:bball:

4r7wHMg5Yjg

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:38 am

fishingboy wrote:The ponds off 200th St. Sw the "Mini park'' i have caught pumpkinseed sunfish, turtles, and largies in it! My 6 pounder cam out of there a few sundays ago!

Wow! I've driven by that place a bunch and wondered if it held bass, that's good to know! Did you C&R that big girl? That's so neat to hear! I'll have to give it another go, it's like two blocks from my house.