Secret Lake

When you want to discuss your favorite Secret Lake, keep your conversations confined to this forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishingmachine
Admiral

Secret Lake

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Anyone want to fish my secret bass lake with me sometime as it kicks out some nice fish and is rarely fished by others

kuttkilla
Captain

RE:Secret Lake

Post by kuttkilla » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:16 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Anyone want to fish my secret bass lake with me sometime as it kicks out some nice fish and is rarely fished by others
FM remember it's been really, really cold of late with overnight lows in the 20's. Your secret lake might not heat up until April sometime. We need some warm weather to heat our ponds up before we start throwing baits around...you still could, you just might come up empty handed with sore wrists from casting ;)

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:24 pm

no i am saying when it warms up and the bass spawn is on

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Your one of the few people who go offering to tell people and take people to your secret lake(s)...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:03 pm

well i mean it looks like no one wants too anyway and u know what lake it is sam and when do u think the bass spawn there

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:13 pm

fishingmachine wrote:well i mean it looks like no one wants too anyway and u know what lake it is sam and when do u think the bass spawn there
The "point" of having secret lakes is that you are one of the few, if not only one, fishing them. I do occasionally take buddies and often good fishing buddies to these lakes, provided I trust them to keep it secret. Offering to take people on the internet forums to one of your secret lakes is not something I would do.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 pm

okay i see what u are saying sam and i can agree with u but do u know when the bass in the secret lake spawn

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:Offering to take people on the internet forums to one of your secret lakes is not something I would do.
I agree with Mr. Kafelafish. Also, be careful who you "meet" via the internet or in person. You have to protect yourself and your fishing area...I wouldn't just go out advertising people to fish my little secret lake and then you have no idea who you are meeting...just be careful...Just an fyi.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm

zwhat u mean by be careful who u meet

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:52 pm

As in you are a kid who is offering to meet people at a secret lake.

I know what lake that is and if even at my age I don't think I would agree to meet any random person off the internet at it.

Washingtonlakes.com is a site with great people. But you have to realize that the members aren't the only people looking at it. Its the internet. Anyone can see these threads and can know everything that is posted. Some people out there are just bad apples and you don't wanna be offering to take random people out there.

I'd suggest offering to take people out there through the usage of PM's. Take out people you've fished with before. But don't go offering to take random people to a secret lake hidden back in the woods when you are that young...

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote: I'd suggest offering to take people out there through the usage of PM's. Take out people you've fished with before. But don't go offering to take random people to a secret lake hidden back in the woods when you are that young...
Exactly. Enuff said. Close the thread.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:53 pm

okay sam i got what u are saying but when do u think the bass in that lake spawn

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:04 pm

fishingmachine wrote:okay sam i got what u are saying but when do u think the bass in that lake spawn
When the water heats up. It's 45 outside now and that is no where close to being warm enough for bass to spawn...

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:08 pm

what temp does the water need to be

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 pm

fishingmachine wrote:what temp does the water need to be
Look for 50-55F.

fishingmachine