• Bass Boat Parts - Graphs, Trolling Motor, Battery Charger, Batteries

  • Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
 #238417  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:04 pm
Hello Folks,

I was involved in a not at fault accident on the 4th of July that totaled my truck and boat. I was able to retrieve my upgrades after Progressive finally stopped arguing with 3 Rivers Marine and finally totaled my boat. I have attached pictures as well as a little spreadsheet that shows what I paid and what my initial asking price is. I am hoping for 80% of what I paid but am willing to negotiate a little further for serious buyers. All of these parts were installed at the very end of February of this year and have seen very little use / low hours of operation since I was only able to fish once a week IF that.

Leave comments or PM me if you're interested in anything listed. If someone wants to purchase everything and turn their boat into a beast, then I will give an additional discount.

Note 1: The front plastic piece on the trolling motor is warped from the impact of the accident (boat flew off my trailer and hit my tailgate). I will contact Minn Kota to find out how much this part will cost. It is strictly cosmetic damage though and it is still fully functional. I will either replace the part before sale or discount it.

Note 2: The graphs still have the original plastic wrap on them that I never took off so you know they're in great condition!

Note 3: I am missing 1 power cable for the graphs because 3 Rivers Marine failed to give it to me after I paid them to remove the parts. I am hoping they just missed it and can give it back to me or they will replace it. If they will not, I will either order a new one or discount the cost of the power cable.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Elijah.Loves.Fishin on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #238418  by Amx
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm
That sucks about the accident. Hope you are ok.

The nose piece on the electric motor can also be replaced with a part that has a light in it. For loading the boat in the dark, and beaching the boat in the dark, probably other uses too.
 #238419  by Amx
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:16 pm
If you need a very small boat for awhile I have an 8 foot Livingston you can use. No electric motor, but has a 6 horse older Evenrude, and wheels on the transom. But I hope you can get a new boat, and probably truck, soon.
 #238420  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 pm
Hey Tom,

I suffered neck, back / spine, leg and hip injuries. Currently in the process of undergoing roughly 6 months of Chiropractic / Massage Treatment. But luckily I did not have any broken bones. The other driver was stopped at a 2 way stop and I was traveling on a road that did not have a stop sign. He failed to yield the right of way and shot out in front of me when I was less than a car length away so I t-boned him at 45 mph and had zero time to react.

Here's a couple pictures of the accident..

Image

Image

My truck and boat were both totaled so I can barely fish now unless a friend of mine has room for me on their boat. I appreciate the offer to use the livingston but I have no way of transporting anything now. I'm also currently unemployed and looking for work so I won't be getting a truck or a boat anytime soon. It'll probably be years..
 #238421  by Amx
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:31 pm
Yes that definitely sucks. Good no broken bones, they can have their own problems. From the looks of the truck you are very lucky. I'd sue the guy and MAKE him buy you a new truck AND new boat. I'd say the honda on it's side is the other guy's vehicle?
 #238422  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm
Amx wrote:Yes that definitely sucks. Good no broken bones, they can have their own problems. From the looks of the truck you are very lucky. I'd sue the guy and MAKE him buy you a new truck AND new boat. I'd say the honda on it's side is the other guy's vehicle?


I wish I could but don't think I can. I hired a personal injury attorney and they're mostly going after his insurance to fully cover the cost of my medical bills. Not sure how much else they will go after but I definitely won't be able to get a truck and a boat from it..
 #238475  by Bodofish
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 pm
Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
Amx wrote:Yes that definitely sucks. Good no broken bones, they can have their own problems. From the looks of the truck you are very lucky. I'd sue the guy and MAKE him buy you a new truck AND new boat. I'd say the honda on it's side is the other guy's vehicle?


I wish I could but don't think I can. I hired a personal injury attorney and they're mostly going after his insurance to fully cover the cost of my medical bills. Not sure how much else they will go after but I definitely won't be able to get a truck and a boat from it..


Any attorney worth his salt should go after everything. Replace everything that was ruined, all your med bills and your loss of income and a whole lot of pain and suffering. Not to mention any work related rehab and school. And of course your attorney's fees on top of that. Happens all the time and it should happen for you too.

PS they will say it's partly your fault because of the way the laws are written, make sure your attorney just keeps saying No, fault for my party. Don't roll over for them keep saying no until they get it.

Man, that hurts just looking at those pics! Hang in there kid, I'm pulling for you. Put me on the list if you want to go fishing when you feel better.
 #238476  by Mike Carey
 Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm
Elijah, sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your attorneys can get you a fair settlement based on everything Bodofish mentioned.

Your attorney will know this, but it's in the insurance company's interest to settle and settle quick because the more you require treatment the more the medical bills go up and the greater the pain and suffering portion can be justified. So don't let them railroad you into a settlement until you know your injuries are resolved.
 #238803  by dutchman2858
 Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:48 pm
If all you had was liability coverage on your truck and the other driver was uninsured you might be in a bit of a hum to get your truck replaced. It sucks big time, but it's an example of why I'm probably over insured for an old retired guy.

If the other driver had insurance (as required by law) your truck should be covered by his/her insurance. If you're not certain your attorney is addressing the truck issue, be prepared to contact the other insurance company directly. They should assign an insurance adjuster to calculate your loss. Good luck and get better.
 #239052  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:49 pm
Bodofish wrote:
Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
Amx wrote:Yes that definitely sucks. Good no broken bones, they can have their own problems. From the looks of the truck you are very lucky. I'd sue the guy and MAKE him buy you a new truck AND new boat. I'd say the honda on it's side is the other guy's vehicle?


I wish I could but don't think I can. I hired a personal injury attorney and they're mostly going after his insurance to fully cover the cost of my medical bills. Not sure how much else they will go after but I definitely won't be able to get a truck and a boat from it..


Any attorney worth his salt should go after everything. Replace everything that was ruined, all your med bills and your loss of income and a whole lot of pain and suffering. Not to mention any work related rehab and school. And of course your attorney's fees on top of that. Happens all the time and it should happen for you too.

PS they will say it's partly your fault because of the way the laws are written, make sure your attorney just keeps saying No, fault for my party. Don't roll over for them keep saying no until they get it.

Man, that hurts just looking at those pics! Hang in there kid, I'm pulling for you. Put me on the list if you want to go fishing when you feel better.


I talked to several attorneys and as far as the material loss (boat & truck), the courts pretty much tell you that what your insurance paid you (current market value) is what you get and won't let you go after more. Bummed me out but oh well. They are keeping track of all my medical treatment and going after wage loss, pain and suffering, etc.
 #239053  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:50 pm
Mike Carey wrote:Elijah, sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your attorneys can get you a fair settlement based on everything Bodofish mentioned.

Your attorney will know this, but it's in the insurance company's interest to settle and settle quick because the more you require treatment the more the medical bills go up and the greater the pain and suffering portion can be justified. So don't let them railroad you into a settlement until you know your injuries are resolved.


Thanks Mike. I did some research and found a good personal injury firm based in Seattle. My insurance gave me the run around on my boat. They settled quickly on my truck but it took them well over 2 months to settle on my boat. It was totaled but they kept arguing with 3 Rivers Marine saying it should be easily fixable.
 #239054  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:53 pm
dutchman2858 wrote:If all you had was liability coverage on your truck and the other driver was uninsured you might be in a bit of a hum to get your truck replaced. It sucks big time, but it's an example of why I'm probably over insured for an old retired guy.

If the other driver had insurance (as required by law) your truck should be covered by his/her insurance. If you're not certain your attorney is addressing the truck issue, be prepared to contact the other insurance company directly. They should assign an insurance adjuster to calculate your loss. Good luck and get better.


I had full coverage on everything. The other driver was insured as well. What really set me off was that his insurance company (USAA) only accepted 80% liability even though they were 100% at fault, as the police report states. My insurance company called them to ask why they only accepted 80% and their excuse was that they didn't want to pick up the entire tab and that a police report doesn't determine liability in their eyes. As a result, they only reimbursed my insurance company (Progressive) for 80% of my deductible and my truck and boat settlements. So basically that means Progressive had to pick up 20% of the tab which will then raise my rates.

I spoke to my attorney about this and they said that when it comes time for settlement, they are going to push USAA to pay back the 20% that they owe and if they refuse, then we will take them to court over it.
 #239055  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:00 pm
Also, sorry for the late responses gentlemen. Not sure why I wasn't getting any email notifications about responses.

Also, Progressive really pissed me off when it came to my upgrades. One rep told me I could remove all of my upgraded parts so I paid 3 Rivers 350 bucks to do so. Then another rep told me that I had to return it to them in as close to factory condition. Since I had already sold my original trolling motor and battery, I had to give them back some stuff.

I am lowering prices on everything. Here is what is still available:

Image
 #239056  by Bodofish
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:38 pm
Keep after them man and don't back down. Just remember that getting your money for things is just that, money for things and its very finite. Where you can get them is the loss of income and pain and suffering. You need to start getting creative about all the things you've missed and lost because of the accident. BTW, Progressive is just the worst, one of their customers drove out of a parking lot, across two lanes of traffic (stopped) and T Boned me at an estimated speed of 30mph and they kept trying to say it was my fault, then they lowered that to 50-50 fault and then down to 20-80. The day before the trial was to begin they decided maybe their customer was 100% at fault and paid for everything. I can't get into anymore detail than that. But keep after them and don't give an inch.
 #239060  by Bodofish
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 pm
Yeah, driving along minding my own business wham! Out of work for over 3 weeks, van ruined and held by Progressive until a Judge told them to give me access so I could get my tools and supplies, the ones that weren't ruined. Still no replacement van for almost 6 months, going from rental to rental. But yeah, it would have been a lot easier to just have stayed home.
 #239074  by Elijah.Loves.Fishin
 Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:16 pm
Bodofish wrote:Yeah, driving along minding my own business wham! Out of work for over 3 weeks, van ruined and held by Progressive until a Judge told them to give me access so I could get my tools and supplies, the ones that weren't ruined. Still no replacement van for almost 6 months, going from rental to rental. But yeah, it would have been a lot easier to just have stayed home.


Ugh, I hate insurance companies. Couldn't afford a new truck and boat so now I'm basically dying, wanting to go fishing all the time. Maybe one day I can afford a beater truck and get a livingston again. It'll be a long time before i can get another bass boat if that even happens.
 #239075  by Bodofish
 Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm
Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
Bodofish wrote:Yeah, driving along minding my own business wham! Out of work for over 3 weeks, van ruined and held by Progressive until a Judge told them to give me access so I could get my tools and supplies, the ones that weren't ruined. Still no replacement van for almost 6 months, going from rental to rental. But yeah, it would have been a lot easier to just have stayed home.


Ugh, I hate insurance companies. Couldn't afford a new truck and boat so now I'm basically dying, wanting to go fishing all the time. Maybe one day I can afford a beater truck and get a livingston again. It'll be a long time before i can get another bass boat if that even happens.


I'm always good to row around a lake and cast at some bass or drifting down a river casting at trouts or roaring up and down bigger water in the sled. just give me a pm or something.